or Connect

Posts by stacyann21

You can't be on welfare and stay at home. TANF requires parents to work or attend school or job classes for at least 30 hours/week to obtain benefits. If you're talking about Calfresh (food stamps), then yes I think anyone eligible should be provided with benefits. With the amount of money we spend on military in this country, there is no justification for children going hungry. i also agree there should definitely be a better parental leave system. But like others have...
If this doesn't belong here, I'm sorry, feel free to move it.        Some background: My bil has been broken up with his ex for about 6 months now. They were not married but have a 5 year old daughter. His ex left him for another guy after 8 years together. They decided to share custody of my niece without any formal agreement. They wanted to keep it out of the court system. They are each supposed to have her for 2 days per week and alternate having her for 3 more...
lacto fermented foods and beverages= healthy gut= immune health
I can't stand when people are very picky. Especially if they will only eat junk food. Yuck.
I'm not sure if I can link here so I'll just say I really like the song Evil Boy by Die Antwoord. It's about male circumcision in Africa. And they made an awesome video (not for the faint of heart). Evil boy for life!
I have a very mixed religious background. I talk to my son about the "essence of life" and how it connects everything in the universe but at the same time it lives in each one of us. I explain to him that some people have religions that help them to understand the essence and they may go to a church to talk about it. Different religions have different beliefs, holidays and so on. I don't like to say "God" because I feel the word has such a strong association with the...
I can really relate to this topic. My inlaws are recovered drug addicts that still have a lot of emotional issues. My partner was grossly neglected during most of his childhood, even taken away for a year by CPS. My mil likes to shift this blame/guilt onto me and anyone else within shifting distance. I've never been a good enough mother etc. She made life hell for me when my son was an infant. There are always these dirty looks and snide little digs here and there....
He sounds like a typical alcoholic. I don't believe his behavior has anything to do with caffeine. It's the booze. If alcoholics aren't drunk they're anxious or pissed off because they want to be drunk. And sometimes they're upset about the fact that they want to be drunk when they wish they didn't. It's likely that his angry behavior is due to his addiction, even when he's not drunk. And it's also likely that his dysfunctional childhood contributes to his...
Glad to hear your update  One thing to keep in mind in this situation is that your partner probably never considered the fact that his circumcision was unnecessary or harmful to him. Now that he's been provided with this info he may actually be grieving. Some of the things women tell their circ'd partners about circumcision are just awful! I noticed this happen with my boyfriend after we decided not to circumcise our son. So while I completely agree with your position,...
This looks exactly like what I struggled with for years. When I was treating it with antifungals (because everyone told me it was ringworm) it got so bad it went all the way up my arms and down my legs and was starting to spread to other areas. I finally made an appt with a dermatologist who did a scrape and culture. I was shocked when she prescribed a steroid cream for my ECZEMA. I was even more shocked when the cream cleared the rash within 3 days  I have since made...