or Connect

Posts by stacyann21

We're in the same boat. DS weighs about 21 lbs at 23 months. He has not gained any weight in several months. I'm not sure about his height. I am short and petite and DB is average height/weight. His ped is concerned because his growth curve shows a downward trend. I also flip flop between feeling like there's nothing wrong and not wanting to put him through testing and worrying that it may actually be something serious. He has a ped appointment next week so I'm sure we'll...
I would stay home. I didn't take DS on a long car trip until he was about 18 months. He was way too fussy in the car and I didn't want to put everyone (including him) through that.
Tearing cotton makes me dry heave. I think tobacco smells exactly like raisins and my hooha smells like terriyaki beef jerky. I love to move my thumb back and forth over the volume and channel buttons on the TV remote while whispering "volume, channel, volume, channel...". Oh and I love ears. I squeeze and rub DB and DS's earlobes and I also bother the dogs' and cat's ears. I don't have to ask. I know I'm weird LOL.
Quote: Any idea where the best place is to get jeans for a long, skinny kid? We need 24 month length and a 12 month waist! Same here. It's so frustrating. He's either wearing high-waters or his pants are sagging around his bottom LOL. He's finally wearing the 18 month size in shirts.
Quote: There's a REASON that he's wetting himself and there's also a reason he isn't telling you or changing. Having him write sentences (that say what?) do not, in ANY way, address the issues at hand. I agree. He's eight years old, have you asked him what the problem is? Maybe he doesn't feel it when he has to go or he suddenly has to go really bad and doesn't have enough time to get to the bathroom? In any case, a trip to the doctor is definitely...
Quote: I think it's neat to see anatomically correct dolls. That it pees doesn't bother me. That it moves when it pees doesn't bother me either. I agree. I think it's strange when dolls just have a plastic lump where their genitals should be :
Quote: If it makes you feel any better, people do this to my DS all.the.time. He's just too pretty for his own good. Same here. When we go out with my mil and niece (mil watches her during the week) DS is the one getting all the comments, almost entirely centered on his appearance. I usually say "thank you" and smile. One thing that bothers me about the way my niece is being raised is that her clothes tend to be more mature-looking and revealing. She...
My 22 month old son is a neat freak. He has made me clean parks, birthday parties, you name it. He'll point out some trash (or pick it up) and hand it to me. What am I supposed to do after that, toss it LOL? He loves throwing things in the trash. He follows me around while I dust, sweep, pick up etc telling me whenever I miss a spot! He hates for his hands, face or clothes to be dirty. He always reminds me to put a bib on him and I swear he says, "Ewww mess!" like 30 times...
For us the holidays are about family traditions, memories and giving. Yes, there are presents and cards but we don't let the season revolve around that. This year we're going to bake cookies for our neighbors, take a trip up the mountain so DS can play in the snow and spend a lot of time with our extended family. I would also like to volunteer at the soup kitchen again since DS is old enough to stay with grandma Last year we bought DS one toy and a few new outfits. We...
Hilarious. There's a mom in our playgroup whose name is spelled J-e-a-n-a. I'd only ever seen her name online and I always called her "gee-on-uh". Turns out her name is "gee-nuh". I'd been calling her that to her face for weeks and I was so embarrassed (and a little weirded out) when I found out Quote: (I'm glad you're posting. Soy muy aburrida!) estoy muy aburrida