or Connect

Posts by AmyB736

Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly As my MIL always says, "Coughs and sneezes spread diseases." If he is coughing, he is contagious. Personally I would be giving you looks too if I saw you out with your child hacking up a storm. I think people need to have respect for other people who might not want a hacking cough, or who may live with someone who is immune-suppressed and doesn't want to bring that home to their loved one with potentially serious...
Hi Mary, I'm also a homeschooler on Kent Island. This is our first year so i'm not going to be too helpful. We were going to go through an umbrella but decided just recently to use the county. Call Sandy at QACPS (I'll PM you her info) and she'll send you out a packet of what is required at the review. Our review is coming up the second week of December. It's other homeschool Moms that do the review and I've heard that they're pretty helpful. There's a christian...
When my daughter, now 6, was a toddler, she picked up a sippy cup (not hers) and put it in her mouth. My immediate reaction was to scream "NOOO!" and I smacked it out of her hand. I was so disgusted! Ewwww!! I then realized how loud I was and looked up, embarrased. Everyone was staring at us.... But then she starts screaming and I turn back to comfort her and her mouth is gushing blood! I accidentally busted her lip! And here all of these people around me are...
About 20 months for my son...a few months sooner for my daughter. Yeah...I know...bad mom.
In a tactful way, I'd address the cold sore. They are forever...there is no cure. I used to get them alot as a child, they were such a PITA. I haven't had one in years but I'm always afraid when I feel something, a pimple, on my lip, that one is on it's way. Just be sensitive about it, you don't want to hurt her feelings and/or lose a good babysitter. GL!
Sounds like a great idea, pre-packaging the cookies you made so they're more like a gift and not a contribution towards dinner!
Quote: Originally Posted by trinicadele me ! me! Hope I don't call TOO early in the AM though so I'll wait a bit They're yours.
We love Crayon Physics! You can download a nice sample for free.
I'm so sorry to hear that about your husband. I think that I would try to scrape up some money somehow to buy your nieces and nephews small gifts (and set a limit with your brothers and sisters). Just because I wouldn't want my kids to have to sit and watch their cousins open presents while they didn't have anything to open. Can you sell some things on Craigslist or ebay, like the kids old toys? Or maybe spend a little less on your kids since they'll then be recieving...
Great idea! I am so doing this over the weekend!! Quote: Originally Posted by KnockedUpButtercup I took care of those a couple of months ago, but I'm going to give you the "tip" that's helped me keep them clean: I lined the bottom of the cabinets under my kitchen and bathroom sink with vinyl floor tile. It's so easy to apply - each tile is just like a big sticker - and they only cost .58 each at Lowe's. And you can cut them with scissors. And...