or Connect

Posts by AmyB736

I just came across this great website. I've spent the last hour or so reading it! What a ton of information and fun things to do!! Hope someone else gets as much enjoyment from it... www.backyardnature.net
Hey everyone! We're 1st year homeschoolers here. My daughter is 6 and is technically K because we got a maturity waiver last year so we could "start" late. We started school this past Monday and I made a Record Keeper for all of our subjects. The first day we covered Language Arts, Reading, a little Math, a little Social Studies, a little Music, and Art. Yesterday we covered some Lanuage Arts and Science. Today we did Language Arts, a little Reading, Science, Art,...
I would keep exposing her to it since she's showing interest, that's when she's most likely to catch on! My daughter is still more excited to have 5 $1 bills than to have 1 $20 bill! LOL!
I've had a kid or two that knew how to count money in the Kindergarten class I assisted with, years ago. My daughter who just turned six isn't able to count money yet. She is still working on addition and subtraction of single digits. I say when they can count by 5's, 10's, 20's and do double digit addition they can be proficient in counting money. But teaching them to count money can also help them become proficient in counting by 10's, 20's, etc, and addition and...
We were rear ended at a red light and I asked the car insurance to replace our carseats, they agreed. I bought 2 new ones and sent them a copy of the reciept. Of course since they were paying I bought the best. I say definitely replace them...best to be safe.
We don't have a routine at all, nighttime or daytime. We just go with the flow, whatever we feel like doing, whenever we feel like eating. We generally eat together but not until the first person says they're hungry. Dinner could be anytime between 4:30 and 9pm! When the first person wakes up between 7am and 10pm the rest of us wakes up and we just fall asleep when we get tired. We're definitely loosy goosey here! I'm not sure why so many people have a problem with...
Man... I really need to start paying down my debt to the library. I'm so jealous now. I love the library but haven't been able to check anything out in quite a few months because I owe too much money. I hope you all are better than me at keeping organized and getting books back in time. When you take too many out the fees add up really quick!!
Hey Mama's, I hope it's okay if I post this here. I'm not sure if it's ever been brought up before so I apologize if it has. I could really use some advise though. My soon to be 6 yo dd has been thinking about death lately. My grandfather recently passed away and my husbands grandmother passed away a little over a year ago so I think that is why she is having these thoughts. She always asks me if I'm old, is Daddy old, is Mom-Mom and Grandaddy old and I know she...
My daughter says that she wants to go to school every once in a while and I remind her that she'll be there all day and that usually changes her mind. Or I tell her that we won't be able to join the co-op this year and hang out with her homeschool friends as much and that will also change her mind. If she was set on going to school I think I would allow her to go though. I did make the decision to introduce her to homeschooling but I want it to be her decision to stay...
Wow! First I want to say that the whole room looks amazing. I love the colors that you used. So bright and inviting. I'm so inspired! We're getting ready to redecorate my son's bedroom and I'm totally going to steal that idea about the raingutter bookshelves... very cool. :