or Connect

Posts by AmyB736

I don't think it sounds like your MIL did anything out of the norm. Giving a baby or child a bath is not something that people normally think twice about. I was a nanny and I never thought to get permission from the parents before I bathed their son. And it's up to you to pack special products or make it known that no products (or no bath) be given. I wouldn't expect someone to know that. As a mom I enjoy taking photos of my kids and my SIL's enjoy it even more. ...
I've never tried beef bone marrow before but I've been curious and wanting to try it since I have a freezer full of marrow bones for my dogs. And after reading this thread I did a search and found this recipe that sounds pretty tasty. I'm still learning alot about TF so I'm not sure how TF friendly it is but here ya go... http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/31/di...r=1&ref=dining
Quote: Originally Posted by harleyhalfmoon Subbing. My son would kill me if he knew I was posting this, but he''s 13 1/2 and comes in for an early morning snuggle every morning (weekdays, not weekends), every morning. My son has always been a very snuggly little boy and he coslept with me until he was 8. My Hubby and I just had a conversation last night- my Hubby is concerned that my son is still so attached to me and he's also worried that my son will...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ I don't see these as being the same type of thing. My definition of snuggling is kissing and cuddling and very touchy feely. Playing word games, making stories and being silly is not something I would call snuggling. I am wondering how many others have this definition of snuggling. I don't think of snuggling as very touchy feeling and kissing. Maybe a kiss on the head or cheek as your leaving...
Quote: Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate I have an outstanding debt at the library, though, so I can't go back and check out books until I pay it. : LOL, I just saw this and....yeah...I have one too. I don't even know why I go to the library. EVERY TIME I have ever checked out books I've had to pay for the freakin' book! Right now I owe them over $100 for quite a few books I checked out and never returned. I'm at that the point where they...
Thanks everyone for the support. It's nice to be able to share so openly and honestly for once. I've been feeling so misunderstood and it's comforting to know that there are people out there who DO understand and are facing some of the same challenges. My ADD has taken a toll on me but it has also taken a toll on others as well, my parents when I lived with them and my husband now. I'm trying not to blame them for their thoughts and actions (not that I'm putting...
I'm here! : and subbing.... I'm kinda new to consensual living, more new to the name not the practice, I just recently learned that there's a name to how were living, and I love it!
No offense taken. It was an awful thing for him to say, but he isn't an awful person, he's just living with me. I am honestly lucky to have him, someone else would have kicked me to the curb long ago (he's put up with me for 11 years now). I'm wondering if he thinks I'm trying to make an excuse. I am a MESS (not cleaning, cooking, etc.). He has every right to be unhappy with me, he does his share and mine. And he doesn't know what ADD is really, he has a...
Where are you located? Have you tried posting here on MDC in the Find your Tribe forum? We just found a group last week by posting on a secular homeschooling umbrella's yahoo group and then I was recommended to a co-op that some of them belong to which is also secular. Good Luck!
My sister lives in Baltimore and she goes to Pet Valu, they have a huge variety of no grain foods. I'm not sure how there prices compare though.. Pet Valu - (Southside Marketplace) 871 East Fort Avenue Baltimore, MD 21230 410 783-1590 Also try groomers shops near you and small petstores (that DON'T sell puppies of course). Here is a great website if you're researching dog food... http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/