or Connect

Posts by AmyB736

Thanks journeymom! I told my husband last night that I made an appointment and he rolled his eyes and said "your just a lazy woman." It hurt my feelings and I started crying. Him saying that just confirms my thoughts that I have a horrible reputation. Then I asked him to explain himself and he basically thinks that I don't have ADD and I'm making it up so I can have an excuse for being a screw up all of the time (not his exact words, just everything he said in a...
As I was reading your first post I was thinking the same as alot of pp, "This sounds creepy (does she want to kidnap your baby) and I would not invite this person into my life." I do agree that she COULD be completely harmless but I wouldn't want to risk it. I think I've been affected by all of the stories of missing children lately.
If you don't go through rescue to get a puppy or dog than going through your local Golden Retriever Club would be second best and choose a breeder that cares about what they are producing and does all of the nessasary tests (for example Hips/Elbows, Eyes, etc) and proves their dogs in the ring and/or tests. Here is a list of contacts that can help you find a reputable breeder, speak to different people on this list and also in neighboring states, I'm sure they'll be...
subbing... I'm so glad I found this thread. I have undiagnosed ADD but I'm going to the doctor on Thursday. I've known for a very long time and wish I had of set up this appointment years ago. I just never got around to it. So... I'm pretty typical ADD, very forgetful, always late, procrastinate, can't cook, or clean unless I get hyperfocused (which is only every couple of months ). I get laughed at by my family (my Mom and husband mostly) every time I share...
Hey everyone! I've just been introduced to TF and I'm really excited for my family to start eating healthier. I'm so glad this thread is here, I've only read a few posts so far and I skimmed through the rest, so I have to go back, but I can tell there is alot of useful info and awesome support here. I've been reading alot online and plan on getting to the library in the next couple of days to pick up some of the recommended reading. My plan is to slowly add TF as...
I wouldn't be offended. The majority of kids are in a public or private school so it's only natural to ask that question. And I think alot of homeschooled kids and parents consider themselves to be in this grade or that grade.
We just started the free 14 day trial at www.readingeggs.com and it seems that they are all about teaching just the sounds of the letters. We haven't went too deep into it yet so I'm not sure if this is true or not?? I've seen that quite a few parents have said that their child learned how to read using that website. You may want to check it out if you haven't already. Other than this site I haven't been pushing my dd (5 1/2) to learn her letters, every couple of...
As far as I know they don't allow that here in Maryland. It's something I wondered about in the beginning as well and I was told it wasn't possible. If it is possible than that could possibly be cool, if they don't allow it you may want to look into joining a co-op in your area. We have one here that meets every Friday morning (just 2-3 classes) and I think I'm going to join just for the socialization aspect. It's right here in my own community.
I thought my dh was the only one who carries the computer to the bathroom! It has been 2 years since I brought up the idea of homeschool and my husband still isn't completely on board. He thinks our kids will be missing out (he was a jock)...and if they spend too much time with me my weirdness will rub off on them. LOL. But he says that he is coming around and starting to trust me. I've done what the pp said. Just casually bringing up interesting facts about...
We belong to all of our local yahoo homeschooling support groups and also the Umbrella Schools support group (also on yahoo) but so far I've just been lurking. My daughter is 5 but we signed the maturity waiver so she wouldn't have to start school this year so when she's "officially" homeschooled we'll try to join in. Or possibly in the summer months. It just seems that there are only older kids here, I haven't seen anyone with 5-6 year olds participating in any of...