or Connect

Posts by AmyB736

Quote: Originally Posted by cellarstella If he's anything like my daughter, this long night sleeping is a phase, and he'll start waking once or twice in the middle of the night when he hits a growth spurt. Then again, kids are all different! If he's hungry, he'll likely wake up provided he's a healthy baby. It sounds like he's growing really well! If you are bursting with milk for him when he wakes up, you probably don't need to pump. If not,...
Quote: Originally Posted by weeirishlass Absolutely no need to wake him. He'll wake if he's hungry. Your milk supply regulates itself. It is fine if he goes 9 hours. It's fine if he goes 12 hours! DD slept 12 hours at an early age and for about 4 months, then at 8 months she decided to nurse all night again, and my supply just adjusted to what she needed. So for months there I was making less milk at night, and now I'm making more again. Your baby...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I wouldn't really wake him up, I would put him in your bed so he can smell you. (on your side so that you're between dh and baby) -Angela I've tried this but it feels like I'm not sleeping, only resting my eyes. I like to move around alot in my sleep and am always so scared of hitting him, rolling on him or waking him up. When he wakes to eat I bring him in bed with me and he'll lay with me until he's...
So you think I should be waking him up at night to eat? He is in a bassinet next to my bed, I'm too afraid to have him in bed with my husband (he's a crazy sleeper). What about my milk supply if he goes 9 hours? Should I worry about that or will the supply be okay?
My ds is now 11 weeks old. He was born at 35 weeks and weighed 6lbs 5oz. He now weighs about 11 lbs. I nurse on demand which is only 6-7 times in a 24 hour period. It was 8-9 times but now he is starting to sleep 9 hours through the night, during the day he only eats every 3-4 hours. I used to pump the first 6 weeks but stopped because my milk supply was too much. Now I don't pump at all. He seems to be wetting diapers pretty frequently, he...
One of my favorite things that my husband and I have bought out daughter is a sand table. You can fill it with whatever you want...it is a great sensory activity! This is the one we have... http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Play...toys-and-games some other things we like: dress up clothes books and books on tape(great for naptime when I worked as a preschool teacher) anything sports, my daughters favorite is her t-ball set crafts
Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome!
Hi everyone! I'm Amy, a 26 yo wife and SAHM of 2. My dd is 3 and my ds is almost 2mo. Me and my family live in Maryland on the Eastern Shore! I am :2bfbabe: and getting ready to : . I just ordered a kit so I can sew my own, which I know absolutely nothing about and would appreciate any advice! I would also like to : and make my own babyfood when the time comes! This is my first post to any kind of forum and I look foward to meeting you all. I would really...