or Connect

Posts by LauraReaux

Ha!  Some creative ideas for sure. Thanks. :)
Today, my 20-month-old twin boys dug into their diapers and pulled out plenty of poop to play with... for the 4th or 5th time! They were in their beds (which is a big play yard with 2 toddler mattresses & blankets) every time, supposed to be going to sleep for nap time or bed time.  I can't keep doing this.  It's so difficult to clean them, the bedding, and the carpet every time.  I was crying and laughing at the same time today.  What would you do??   I would potty...
7 minutes. :)
I wondered the same thing once I found out we were expecting twins (I was 17 weeks when we did the u/s).  I ended up going into labor on my own at 34 weeks.  They were each half an ounce from 5 lb. and we all went home the next day. :)
I totally know how you feel. I actually logged in to see if anyone else has an answer for this. My 7-year-old son does the same thing & always has. He doesn't even notice it most of the time, so our key phrase is "hands off" (or motion hands up, as if letting go, if we're in a quiet place) and he lets go right away. I just hope he can learn to pay attention and control it very soon. He's 7!
Our boys are one & a half-years-old, and this is what we do now (as of a week ago): http://plixi.com/p/48636734 It's two of these gates, attached - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2265804 We put them on their crib mattresses on the floor in there and of course they get right up & just play and throw blankets around, but they go to sleep eventually, and I go in there and make them all cozy again once they are sound asleep. We did it this way, because they...
I'm way late replying, but wanted to say thank you for all of the advice! I have been consistently nursing (sometimes one at a time, sometimes tandem) and then giving 1-2 oz formula to each of them after half of the feedings. I was able to borrow a Medela PIS Advanced from a friend and just started pumping today. It was so great to be able to give my milk to them after the next feeding rather than formula! Hopefully my supply will meet demand. How long should it...
I'm in tears. I'm so incredibly sorry.
Hi, mamas... I need some help. My twin boys are 2-weeks-old and I'm trying my hardest to make nursing work for us long-term. At 1-week we had to start giving formula (then, more concentrated after a few days) to get their weights up. They now weigh 4.9 and 4.11... they were 4.15 at birth. My supply definitely lowered by the 2nd day of supplementing. I always try feeding them one at a time, nursing first and then giving as much formula as they want (per doctor's...
Hi, mamas... I need some help. My twin boys are 2-weeks-old and I'm trying my hardest to make nursing work for us long-term. At 1-week we had to start giving formula (then, more concentrated after a few days) to get their weights up. They now weigh 4.9 and 4.11... they were 4.15 at birth. My supply definitely lowered by the 2nd day of supplementing. I always try feeding them one at a time, nursing first and then giving as much formula as they want (per doctor's...