or Connect

Posts by gigismom

my dd2 gets these when she is reacting to dairy that snuck into her diet or she is low on magnesium...  even if it is a dairy exposure it is relieved by being diligent with daily magnesium supp.  she takes Natural Calm
just wanted to offer some support... i totally hear you!  I work full time and have strong views on being a present parent when I am with my kids so I place high expectations on myself.  That means that I have been extremely preoccupied with every body other than myself for the past 12 years or so (either pregnant and/or nursing the entire time).  My youngest is just now starting to be less physically needy (he's 3.5y).  He is starting to nurse less and play...
I'd like to join too!  Ive never been a runner and always thought of myself as very un-athletic.  I just want to get into shape and be stronger.  I had started running on my treadmill just doing the preset treadmill program and was really amazed that I could do it.  Then I stumbled upon this thread and downloaded the c25k iphone app and started it last week.  I feel such an amazing sense of accomplishment after each run.  I really love it!  I do have some knee pain and...
I thought it was unrelated bc I initially had some yeast symptoms and then seemed fine for a few days after eliminating the drink and then sticking to the probiotic and clay. Then the bloating started. I guess at this point I have come to the conclusion that it was related. I doubted my own judgement bc dh has been giving me some grief for experimenting so much (his word). I am feeling better today so I will stay the course and definitely avoid the drink. It's funny...
Just wondering if any of you may have some input on something.   I had been feeling great (as described above) then I stupidly tried a non-alcoholic gluten containing malted drink.  I seemed fine with it for awhile  (had 1 to 2 per day for about 2 weeks or so).  Then I started have clear yeasty symptoms so I stopped the drink.  (ds also had some sensitivity reaction to it through my breast milk).  Now, about a week or almost 2 later, the yeasty symptoms are gone but my...
Thanks pb. Very useful for many. I have had 3 friends whose kids have gotten bitten this year already also. Looks to be an active year. Ds will see the homeopath for a full consult on thurs and will get the lyme nosode that day.
Hi everyone...   We are planning a trip this summer that will involve a domestic air flight to an area of the country where we will likely not have access to many of the foods that we eat regularily.  I have a few questions specifically about the flight..   do you think I need a note from the allergist to allow the epi pen and benadryl in my carry on?   How about snacks for the plane... can I bring food and drinks in my carry on?  maybe they have to be...
Hi all!  haven't been on mdc is awhile and thought I'd check in here as I have seen some recent activity.  We are still SLOWLY increasing probiotics and clay for all of us (3 kids and me).  We are all making progress.  Ds is making more progress lately than ever before so I am greatly relieved at this.  I definitely find the clay to make the die off tolerable to non existent these days.  I increased ds's probiotic yesterday and forgot the clay completely today (we were...
I found a tick on my 3 year old ds on Friday evening.  He is currently being treated for gut dysbiosis and food allergies/sensitivities so using antibioitics is out of the question at this time unless it is for life saving purposes of course.  The tick was attached but not engorged.  I pulled it out gently by the head and got the entire thing out in one pull.  It could not have been on longer than 4 hours.  I gave him extra clay that night and upped his probiotic the...
Any suggestions for essential oils that work good for insect repellent?  I am specifically looking to discourage ticks, mosquitoes and gnats.  I have a friend who is placing an order for essential oils and I want to make my own repellent this year.  Thanks for the ideas!   Jennifer