or Connect

Posts by spirited mama

I stopped eating meat when I turned 12. I'm 35, and in good health. Have tried vegan but had a B12 defficiency after a few years. Iron was high, as were other vit. in bloodtest, so the iron protein problems never materialized for me. Don't believe in vitamins, and all three of my dss heavy:8lbs, 9lbs14ounces, & 9lbs10 ounces at birth. We eat organic foods. Allow organic sugar, honey and maple syrup in baked goods. Lots of vegan baking with kids! We try to use...
Sleepsharing is still the norm worldwide...as 4.2 is the average weaning age!
Personality seems to have a lot to do with kids behaviour. My two month old sleeps six or seven hours at night. My three year old wakes every three hours. My seven year old can live on 5 or 6 hours of sleep and manage to go to school and do all the normal seven year old things. My dh and I have heard it all. But all these methods are about meeting the expectations of society or meeting the needs of the adults. We want our needs met, but not at the expense of our...
Personality seems to have a lot to do with kids behaviour. My two month old sleeps six or seven hours at night. My three year old wakes every three hours. My seven year old can live on 5 or 6 hours of sleep and manage to go to school and do all the normal seven year old things. My dh and I have heard it all. But all these methods are about meeting the expectations of society or meeting the needs of the adults. We want our needs met, but not at the expense of our...
Don't feel bad bookwormmama, my seven year old cannot sleep alone, and neither can my three year old. At night they are my babies but during the day they are independent brilliant little boys. Most kids seem to have trouble falling asleep, or waking up alone until they are nine or ten. The parents who use Ferber or some method of getting the child the sleep are solving the parents problem, not the child's problems or fears. If you are addressing your daughter's fears,...
Thanks for sharing... You can do it! Homebirth is cool...and don't forget hindsight is 20:20. Sounds like you made all the right decisions the first time, but were in the wrong place at the wrong time...
I think c-sections save lives. Although its untrue Julius Ceasar was delivered in that fashion. It was illegal under Roman law to perform a c-section on a live woman! We know Julius' mother survived the birth, so he must have been born vaginally. 25 per cent is a high c-section rate. There is a difference between choosing a doctor and a midwife statistically. Our first midwife said her c section rate was 3 per cent. Mind you she prescreened her clients. But when...
I voted for child-led weaning, although as I write this I am pregnant with child number 3 and have a 2.5 year old eager nurser and a six year old who is still occasionally nursing (once a week or so). I am trying to never offer, never refuse breastfeeding. I know when my six year old stops it will leave me with a pang. I do occasionally say no to the six year old. It hurts my nipples because I am pregnant. He seems to accept this. I know a friend of mine had a...
I trying to formulate a tv policy for my household. Looking for ideas. Currently, we have no policy...
This Monday we took ds #1 out of Kindergarten and it feels great! His behaviour was much better: he was kinder, more respectfull, and more cooperative! All the indecision and not-knowing what we were going to do was much worse. There is an Alternative School across the street, although to register they make you jump through hoops... I keep reading stories that end..."and we never went back". So, I think we may never go back...However, my ds chose school. We had...