or Connect

Posts by OkieMama2three

My SIL was PG the same time as me w/my first two babes and she thought that an intact penis "just looks yucky" so both of her boys are circ. There was no amount of info that would convince her to leave them alone. I still cringe when I think about the unnecessary pain she forced on them not only a week after birth but for the rest of their lives. We've not been as close since. Sorry I don't have any advice.
I have a friend that is due in early May w/her second baby. Her first was at a FSBC and she had a lovely some what fast birth. No issues that I'm aware of. The clinc has closed and she is not comfortable w/homebirth for a couple of reasons so she has elected to go w/a local OB and hospital birth. She isn't thrilled w/the idea of birthing in a hospital (especially one w/a 50% c-sec rate) but when she interviewed him, the OB gave all the right (if somewhat hesitant)...
My first was in 2002 and cost $1250 plus one set of labs and a~$60 birth kit. Second was in 2004-05 and cost $1500 plus labs and birth kit. Third in 2005-06 my MW had joined a FSBC and it was $1750 if paid by 36 weeks or $2000 if after 36 weeks, plus labs and birth kit. With the first two pre-natals were $25-35, postnatals were included in the birth fee. With the third, prenatals and two postnatal visits were included in the fee. I had no idea how expensive HB was...
This thread actually surprises me a bit. My MW has REALLY wanted me to get an US w/all three of my PGs. Not as much w/the first one, but she was really pretty antsy about wanting one w/the 2nd and 3rd. The other side of that is that I refused the doppler w/all three so she didn't really feel certain she knew where my placenta was w/my 2nd and 3rd (found it no problem w/1st). I didn't have a problem finding it, but she didn't really trust my knowledge....... Oh and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arwyn I was asked the other day what the minimum in terms of interventions/monitoring my midwife would allow. "Um, nothing. First off, I'm allowing her at my birth, and would be the one 'letting' her do anything, and secondly, I happen to have the most kicking midwife on the planet who is aware of where the power lies in our relationship and will do as much or as little as I allow (or invite) her to do." I soooo...
I'm a relative newb, and basically a lurker, but from what I've read, you're very articulate and caring.
Started reading this thread from the first not realizing just how many pages were in it. I finally, after reading 15 pages in saw that it has over 1300 pages and decide to just skip to the end. So, here's my pointless post to add to the silliness. : : : :
Three babes I think we're done, but not sure enough to get send DH for the big V just yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by momto l&a http://www.doctoryourself.com/deathmed.html Thank you for this link. Off to find the book on amazon.......
Quote: Originally Posted by ElliesMomma i'm curious what are the reasons to not use johnsons and johnsons? It strips their skin of it's natural protective oils as well as destroying it's natural pH correct state that helps ward off germs.