or Connect

Posts by copperfox

One Day Special at A Child's Dream! Monday, 2/17/14  http://www.achildsdream.com   Use the code and receive a gift + $5 off your online order for at least $50. The gift? A free set of our new Holland Wool Felt Ribbons! Our local shoppers can take advantage of this code by ordering online and selecting Local Pick-Up as the shipping option.   1 DAY COUPON Order today and save $5 on an order of at least $50 in merchandise plus receive a free set of  Felt Ribbons. Use...
These books are also wonderful to learn about Waldorf and how to incorporate it into your home life:   Beyond the Rainbow Bridge by Barbara J. Patterson Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents of Young Children by Sharifa Oppenheimer Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne You Are Your Child's First Teacher: Encouraging Your Child's Natural Development from Birth to Age Six by Rahima...
In my research, I've heard (and found) Peace Fleece to have great prices on wool roving and felting supplies.   I've also found Knit Picks to have great prices on basic (value) wool yarn. And they also have those beautiful Needle Sets.   Also check out Meadowsweet Naturals, Cedar Ring Circle, and Mercurius. There are many more, and I'm truly not trying to pay favorites or leave anyone out! Also check out these resources: Magic Cabin Childhood's Purest...
Dug around for a coupon code for Sarah's Silks, and found 10% off with code "waldorfmama." 
The American College of Heathcare Sciences offers a Graduate Certificate in Complementary Alternative Medicine Online and  Master of Science in Complementary Alternative Medicine Online (MS). They offer classes in Homeopathy, including Homeopathy 501.
I got some zuzu mineral makeup from New Seasons Market and like it much better than Bare Escentuals.
And if you want more mountains than are in Chapel Hill, Asheville has Azalea Mountain School. Very liberal & many farmers markets. And unmatched beauty. 
Magic Cabin 15% off orders of $50 or more! Enter promo code MCMYN5 at checkout. Today only! Offer ends 11/19/12.
I was one of David's last patients before he left for Doctors Without Borders. He was exemplary! I'd recommend him highly and would use him for my prenatal care again -- if I were having any more kids, which I'm not. ;)
Another possible approach is to view the various perspectives as teaching moments. Some people choose to teach their children that the sun is made from fairy magic and your kid/s might hear these stories and can learn different ways of thinking. If your kid/s have the awareness, then they may learn that the stories are merely entertainment and learn to appreciate the joy and wonder that other children feel by believing different things. IOW, the Waldorf teachers are...