or Connect

Posts by copperfox

Yesterday was my first day back at work since DD was born 4 months ago. Fortunately, I am allowed to bring DD in with me (until she is 6 months old and mobile -- then becomes a liability) and everyone at work was excited to see her and kept telling me how wonderful it is to have a baby in the office. She only fussed once in the afternoon when she was tired and hungry, and I thought that everything was great. I wore her in the sling or mei tai and I thought people were...
When does separation anxiety begin? My 16 wo has been very clingy for the past week or so - but it seems quite early for it.
hmmm... DD does, in fact have an awful lot of hair. I wonder I'd that might be a cause. Unless someone posts about their bald baby with the same problem.
My 16 wo DD gets a very hot & sweaty head whenever she sleeps. The rest of her body feels cool (or sometimes clammy). Has anyone else experienced this?TIA!
Add me to the weird club. My family says it looks strange now for me to NOT be holding the baby. I love having DD near or on me - it feels more natural to me.
My hair comes down to my bra-line. I generally keep the front part of my hair pulled back in a barrette or clip at the back of my head, letting the back hang down - unless it's too hot & then I wear it in a ponytail or bun.
In the past few weeks, my now 14wo DD will usually only nap in the sling or mei tai. My mother & a friend both told me that I wouldn't be able to "do that forever." : To which I replied, "I know! That's why I'm enjoying it now!"
I would love to have my 14wo DD sleep on her back, but she has always had a really bad moro reflex that would freak her out. And she hates being on her tummy. The side-lying helps for when she nurses & i can nak at laptop (like now).
nak: no worries! i was just concerned that you were having a bad day. i'm glad to hear S slept a lot!
Your DD is prolly big enough to not use the infant insert -- it's more for little babies who would get swallowed in the ergo.