or Connect

Posts by GracesMama

DD is almost 3, and I'd like to start working with her on basic reading and math skills. I'm not looking for anything extremely structured or with worksheets. I'm thinking activities for a letter of the week program and fun activities for math. So far, I've found lots of activities, but I'd like actual lesson plans so I'm covering skills in the best sequence...kwim? Any suggestions of a curriculum or book I could buy or websites to check out?
Three cute stories: I was showing almost 3 years old DD some pictures of her baby cousin who was born in the hospital (we just had our baby at home 4 months ago). DD said, "Why is he in the hospital? What are they doing there?" The other day, DD was playing with her stuffed animals and dolls. She told me that piglet had a baby in her belly. Then, she pretended that piglet was birthing one of her dolls. She quickly grabbed her rabbit and said the rabbit was the...
My MIL had her 6th baby at home, and my doula, who has 7 kids, had her last 4 at home.
We didn't test for GBS and didn't take any precautions. DD was just fine. If I had developed a fever during labor or if I had PROM, we would have considered transferring to the hospital.
DD #2 was born over the toilet. The toilet was the most comfortable place for me to push. DH stood in front of me and I wrapped my arms around his waist, buried my face in his belly, and roared with every contraction. When I felt her crowning, I stood up and said, "She's coming out now." My mw ran over and caught her. I sat back on the toilet and held my baby. A few minutes later, I felt the urge to push, so I stood up again and my mw caught the placenta. I tried...
Has anyone taken their toddler to see this movie? I don't let my toddler watch TV typically, but I'm open to watching a movie here and there. Is it appropriate for a toddler? Is it scary in any way? Is there any adult humor in it? Thanks!
Follow your gut instinct. You know what's best for your son. My MIL wanted my 2 1/2 year old DD to stay the night with them (DH was even going to be there too), but I stood my ground and said no.
We co-sleep with a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 month old. The girls and I sleep better when Daddy sleeps in the guest bedroom and he sleeps better too, sad to say. For awhile, he slept there every night, but like your friend, I was worried about what my older DD would think, so I encouraged my husband to come back. I'm anxious to see what others have to say about splitting up the family.
Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. My 2 1/2 year old DD has been doing the exact same thing off and on for the last 6 months. After talking with some friends and doing a bit of research, we think it's night terrors. We've noticed that it's worse when we have a lot going on (grandparents visiting, new baby, a few nights in the hospital for a kidney infection). We've realized that if we try to comfort her, it gets worse, so we offer her nursies, cuddles,...
It took a long time for us to get to this point, but here's what we do: With Daddy: Bath Brush teeth Get dressed Read 2 - 3 stories Then I come up and we all say prayers together. DD says good night to Daddy and climbs in our family bed. I lay down with her and she nurses for 5 - 10 minutes. Then we talk about her day. We kiss good night. I say, "I love you" and I leave. She falls asleep on her own. Sometimes she talks to herself for awhile or...