or Connect

Posts by GracesMama

I
Here's what happened: DD told me she wanted to start using the potty when she turned 3 and when she turned 3, we got rid of all the diapers and went to panties, cold turkey. We had a rough couple of weeks (a lot of tantrums), but she figured out peeing in the potty pretty quickly. However, she still can't poop on the potty and it has been 6 months since we started this whole thing. For awhile, she would just poop in her panties and we'd clean her up. I never gave her a...
We are taking our 3 year old and 9 month old to Playa Del Carmen, just outside of Cancun, in a few weeks. We're trying to figure out if we need to bring carseats. We'll be taking a shuttle van from the airport to the hotel and apparently we can't install our carseats in the van, but they'll provide seats for us if we notify them ahead of time. After that, we don't plan on driving anywhere. I just feel so weird not having the carseats with us though. Has anyone done...
Quote: Originally Posted by butterfly_mommy I didn't supplement at all when DS was a newborn because babies are born with stores of VitD and I didn't want to introduce anything to his system beside BM. In the summer we were out everyday and I hardly put sunscreen on, maybe 2-3 times the whole summer, and he was often without a hat so I felt he was able to get enough sun this way. Now that it is cold and gray here and impossible to go outside without...
Quote: Originally Posted by dogmom327 Hmmmm...that's weird. We never used all the snap settings on the small before moving to the medium. Have you tried using the medium on the smallest snap settings? Is it an issue with the length of the rise? The mediums are too big in the waist and too big for her skinny little thighs, even on the smallest setting.
I don't think a CNM can legally do a homebirth in Ohio. From what I understand, it's not legal or illegal for a CPM to attend a homebirth in Ohio. After the MW getting in trouble in the Cincinnai area, my MW didn't want her name to be on the birth certificate, so we listed my husband as the birth attendant, no big deal. It can be tough to find a CPM here. You might want to go to a La Leche League meeting and talk to some moms afterwards. You may find a connection...
It's not legal where I live either. However, I did have an OB who was willing to be my back up if a hospital transfer was necessary. I heard through the grapevine that he was cool with homebirth, so it worked out well. If I did have to transfer, my midwife would have acted as my doula and my OB would have taken over (luckily, that didn't happen). It was important for me to have an OB backup because I didn't want be transferred to the hospital and have to deal with...
I am so frustrated. I started DD in size small Fuzzi Bunz when she was 4 months old. They have been awesome, but now she's 8 months old and they're way too tight, leaving horrible marks on her legs. The problem is that the size mediums are still too big. She's having leaks and blow outs which I never experienced with size small. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know what to do while we're waiting for her to grow into the mediums. Any suggestions?
I keep thinking my baby probably gets enough sun so she doesn't need a supplement, but my mom thinks I should give her one just to be on the safe side. Her argument is that it won't hurt her. Is there any medical reason not to give the supplement that anyone knows of?
We wouldn't have survived DD #1's first 6 months without The Happiest Baby on the Block. Swaddling and white noise definitely helped her sleep longer stretches, 2 - 4 hours versus 45 minutes. We also let her sleep in the swing at night when we were desperate. We'd get 3 -4 hour stretches when she was in the swing. She was very fussy during awake times too, and the bouncing and shushing were the only things that worked. DD is 3 now and she still doesn't sleep through...