or Connect

Posts by GracesMama

Quote: Originally Posted by Meems i have both. i prefer the FBs. the HB's aren't as well made as the FB's, but the HB's have softer fleece but the PUL isn't as solid as the FB's. my HB's were MIC so i wouldn't buy them again. Thanks for your input. What does PUL mean?
My doula was awesome! She had the magic touch. As I was getting close to transition, the pain seemed almost unbearable and she applied counterpressure to my hips. It made such a difference! DH tried to help (we took Bradley classes too), but it was the doula who really helped with pain management. Also, she took a ton of pictures once I got to the pushing stage. That's when I need DH for physical support (I was sitting on the toilet with my arms wrapped around him,...
It happened to me too. My milk pretty much dried up, but 2 year old DD still nursed through my pregnancy and still continues to nurse 5 months after my baby's birth.
Sometimes it takes quite a while for me to let down for my 3 year old. She even pops off and says, "The milks not coming mommy". For me, I think it's psychological. I don't think of nursing as food for her, I only think of it as comfort, probably because I had no milk for her while I was pregnant and she still nursed through my pregnancy. I have to really relax and think about letting down for her.
DD will be 3 in a few days. For the past year she has not asked to nurse at all during waking hours. She only wants to nurse before nap, before bed, and in the middle of the night. I never said no during waking hours, she just stopped asking.
LLL's The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, Mothering Your Nursing Toddler I also think there's a book called Nursing Mother Working Mother that's good
www.wearsthebaby.com
When I was using prefolds, I put the used one's in my Diaper Champ. I had a reusable bag in there, and it never smelled. The only time I smelled anything was when I took the whole bag out to wash, every 2nd or 3rd day. I put wet and poopy diapers in there (I dumped the poop in the toilet first). I never did any soaking or rinsing before hand. For washing, I used the "sanitize" mode on my front loader with bioklean detergent. I used the sun to bleach out any stains....
First of all, hang in there. I'm so sad for you that you have to go through this. Just curious...how does your mom feel about your HB? If she disapproves, it's possible she exaggerated her conversation with your husband hoping you might change your mind??
bump Hasn't anyone used Hugga Buns???