or Connect

Posts by Julian's Momma

Hi all,   Wondering if my 5 year old son is entitled to any financial benefits as a child of a parent with a mental illness.   Dad is bipolar (and is likely to be formally diagnosed with psychosis soon too).  However, dad is not a US citizen (he is a citizen of Canada and lives there as well) therefore cannot apply for disability here.   Are there any benefits or resources available for my son to assist since Dad is unable to contribute to the financial...
I am also using the website study guide. I haven't bought any books yet, since the few that are available received pretty poor customer reviews. I am taking the Elementary Subject Knowledge one. Hope your studies go well and you pass with flying colors!!!
Hi all! Have you passed the AEPA or studying for it now? I am gearing up to take it! Do you have any recommendations on books, websites, or other resources I should use to prepare? There is a ton of stuff out there, but wonder if you have a favorite you would recommend? Thanks in advance for the help! Renee
Hi all, I am gearing up to take the AEPA! Do you have any recommendations on books, websites, or other resources I should use to prepare? There is a ton of stuff out there, but wonder if you have a favorite you would recommend? Thanks in advance for the help! Renee
Quote: Originally Posted by Miss Blue Sounds fun! We live way over in west Phoenix so it would be a bit of a drive, but I am so glad you found a great church! Yes, it would be a looooong drive! I just came home from tonight's service, a great experience as usual! Thanks so much for your note! Hope you are also involved with a church you love!
Hello Mommas, I've felt compelled to write about this for weeks, but finally getting around to it! I've been going to a new church in Queen Creek, AZ for a few months now and lovin' it! I wanted to write about it in case any of you are looking for a new experience on Friday nights... yes, it's on Friday nights! I personally love to start my weekend with a good message. The pastors are a husband and wife team and they are awesome! The weekly messages are always so...
Quote: Originally Posted by ocelotmom I still hold my pencil oddly. My writing is fine. I don't consider it quite as pretty as many people's writing, but it is very legible. If it makes you feel any better, I hold my pencil "properly" and my penmanship is horrible!
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill my son couldn't hold a pencil or even draw at age 3. i wouldn't worry about it in your shoes honestly. however, if you decide to do anything, i wouldn't "work" with him on it - but rather, i'd use very short pencils (sharpen them down to be very small or you can purchase them from "handwriting without tears"). also, when i was trying to help my ds, an OT told me to break crayons into thirds. she said it's very...
Quote: Originally Posted by UptownZoo A fist grasp at 3 is normal. Of my four children, one had very delayed, one had mildly delayed, and two had average fine motor skills as pre-schoolers. Only one used a tripod grasp before their 4th birthday, and except for the one with very delayed motor skills, they all transitioned with minimal or no intervention. Let him enjoy his new skills. He'll probably get the new grasp w/o any trouble when his fine motor...
Quote: Originally Posted by savannah smiles I wonder if they're even still teaching "proper" pencil holding in school anymore. I never held it correctly ( I lean the pencil against my ring finger instead of pinching it) and I was always corrected but would promply revert back once the teacher had walked away. I've noticed that my 8 yr old holds it the same way as me but I haven't bothered to say anything since her writing is fine. How funny that...