or Connect

Posts by Iguanavere

"look for a grandma or mother with children!" There is an old song tape called "Saftey Kids" and they have a song with those lyrics. All of the songs are good on the tape and both my 4 and 6 year old love to listen to it. It has songs for learning your phone number and what to do if someone tries to touch you wrong, ("sometimes you just gotta yell and scream!") Protecting the gift is a great book.....
Well, I am still doing 100 oz of water a day and I have been little sporadic in my diet and supplements over the holidays, but the itching has been mostly manageable. I'm thinking that it couldn't hurt to have the Serum Bile Acid Test, since it would rule ICP out for good and then I can just itch the last 6 weeks instead of itching and fretting. So to reiterate, drinking lots of water, low fat diet, increase Flax Oil, Dandelion Root, Magnesium and I'm also doing the...
Has anyone ever experienced this during pregnancy? At around 24 weeks (roughly) I started to get a nearly uncontrollable itching sensation on my belly. Especially at night. It progressed to all over the body itching, but with a raised rash on the belly. At about 30 weeks the belly itching got so bad that the rash was bleeding and I was waking every two hours at night. I resorted to OTC Aveeno anti-itch cream. In my research, all of my symptoms point toward my...
I am trying to make dolls like this: http://tinyurl.com/yco52c I'm pretty sure that all I need are some wooden beads for the head, pipe cleaners, wool to needle felt the bodies and make hair and some felt for their clothes. Anything that I might be missing? Has anyone made these and were they actually posable?
I would love to make some standing puppets for my children, but I am having a doozy of a time finding the jearsey knit in flesh tones at my local fabric stores. The Magic Cabin prices seem outrageous. Any suggestions?
You actually can stay home. Just for a little while. It takes about 21 days to form a new habit, so you could just clear the calendar, including house guests and focus on only forming a different approach to sleeping at night. When I was pregnant with my second and my first was still exclusively nursing at 2, I knew I had to do something or else I might lose my sanity. d What I wish someone had said to me back then, is that you aren't going to harm your child by...
It sounds like you have it right. Just remember to be very empathetic if your baby doesn't buy your new situation. This may be hard and also try being flexible. Year 2 can be a really hard time with teething. The key to consistent sleep is being consistent. Go to bed at the same time, get up at the same time. Elizabeth Pantly's book, 'the no Cry Sleep Solution" is a good companion to Dr. Jay's book.
"...you are following your instincts so your baby can receive the best care possible. I on the other hand placed my instincts aside believing that everyone around me was right and that I was reading too much into everything...how I was so wrong. Luckily, I decided that my instincts were right. Had I followed my instincts, my dd's would have been in ST and OT before the age of 2 and I would not have had to endure the heartache, worrying, tantrums and the crying for a...
How many teeth does your baby have? Does he show all the physical signs of being ready to eat solid food? Does he still tongue thrust if food is in his mouth? Can sit up by himself unsupported? How does he feel when he is sitting? Does he look like he is comfortable or uneasy? I ask because he may just not be ready to eat yet. My son was 18 months before he was ready. I was insistant that he sit in a high chair to eat and it was a mistake. He wanted to be on...
I know the family in that episode and they are great attachment parents! The mother is my hero - her first child was born with a cleft pallate and lip and she pumped for a year for him, including while she was pregnant with her second. Her second is still nursing!