or Connect

Posts by 3-StarSystem

Quote: Originally Posted by bandgeek I'd much rather people be educated about our special needs kids than just thing "Oh the poor pitiful kid" you know? Oh I am SO with you there! I can NOT STAND people saying that they're sorry or perceiving our family with pity. We are not "sorry" or pitiable (We're actually really, really lucky to have had some amazing things come out of my son's diagnosis.) and I really don't appreciate other people...
I have come to the conclusion that most people do not mean to be hurtful, they are simply ignorant. Some people truly are not aware of the fact that kids like ours exist anywhere but on T.V. or in the hospital and it IS a novelty to them. When people ask *nicely* we have NO issues whatsoever in explaining what we have to do so that our son has as much of a normal life as possible. We treat him normally and people seem to feed off of us and our reactions more than...
Quote: Originally Posted by MittensKittens I am so sorry. Glad to hear your boy is doing well, but cancer must be so scary. Have you started therapy now? Do you feel you are totally ready for therapy? Still waiting for the actual appointment following the referral. It's looking like June at the earliest, but at least it's something! Thanks for asking!
I know this is a bit old but I was just browsing through the board... I take ativan infrequently (Around 1/week) and have felt no compulsion to take more than what I need. Apparently they're very wary of prescribing it here due to dependency issues. I have cycled unsuccessfully through antidepressants, antipsychotics, sleeping medications and some other anti-anxiety meds without having any success with any of them. I switched to natural remedies for my depression...
Morning- I take 5-HTP (50 mg)with a progestin only b/c pill. (I have hormonal and menstrual issues with extreme PMS.) I am looking to add motherwort to this mix. Night- I take 2 500mg St. John's Wort Capsules, 1 5mg melatonin tab and 12-14 drops of passionflower extract. This has worked for me very successfully through some very hard times. I did take Bach's rescue remedy for acute anxiety situations with great success for a long time, but have since...
Quote: Originally Posted by MittensKittens I am so sorry that your trauma was not recognized for such a long time. How is your child now? I can't imagine going through something like that, and I can't imagine anyone denying such a situation being traumatic! I know what panic attacks feel like, though I haven't had any for years now, thank God. Do you know what kind of therapy you will be working through yet? Thanks for the reply! My ODS had...
I have PTSD and after years of FIGHTING to get some legitimate help I'm finally being recognized. (Before I was apparently "exaggerating", now because I have an "acceptable" trauma I'm grudgingly getting the help I need and still having to jump through hoops to get it. ) I have PTSD regarding some life-threatening medical issues in my older child, and my trauma/trigger was repeated with my youngest child with the exception that I essentially had to live in a "warzone" of...
Quote: Originally Posted by KJRSMR Basically he said that I could go into labor at any time because of my large uterus. I heard that same spiel two and when I questioned it I was told that because your body registers you as being "done" (Like your body had a tape measure attached to it and every full-term woman measure 40 weeks exactly- HAH!) you're more at risk of going into labor. I have not once, not ever, found any supporting evidence for...
Background history- DS is 26 mos. old, still BF'ing, has some ongoing medical issues although we're at home and have been in a stable environment for a couple of months now. (He slept very well during the acutely medical times and hasn't had any evident transitional issues in regards to coming back home.) DS has always either coslept with either my DP or myself. (I do not sleep in the same bed with my DP.) DS sleeps MUCH better with my DP than with me and will not...
Quote: Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe Wow! That's so cool that you saved your dd's life! If you don't mind me asking...how did you do that? I always have studies on how co sleeping is beneficial because dh I get a lot of grief from my family about it all the time, because we co sleep with my ds. It's always good to hear positive stories about how co sleeping helped in one way or another. I know I wasn't asked, but we are also another...