or Connect

Posts by zensven42

Oh I have plenty to do around here, it is just not specifically new baby related. I have 3 children already and I do everything involved of taking care of them, the house, and everything else. I wish I had extra energy. I am not really sure what the nesting thing is that people talk about; I don't think I have ever experienced it. Jealous!  
Wow, my list consists of getting the baby stuff out of the garage and putting it in a dresser. That is it really. It is so much easier after the first few :D
Oh yes, the constant nursing at that age is just a fact of life, especially as they go through their 4mo growth spurt. I have back/hip problems and I found a pillow saved me from insanity. I use a squishy feather pillow, folded and stuffed behind my back so I can lay back at an angle while nursing instead of being directly on my hip and using my own strength to hold myself up. If laying back raises the level of the breast to make latch difficult, you can use a pad (maybe...
I'm not sure if you have room now, but if you are planning on moving maybe it would work to have their bed in your room. That way they are near to you, but have their own space to sleep.
My first son (now 11) was a difficult sleeper. I spent hours and hours of my life rocking, singing, patting, and nursing to sleep. He eventually asked for his own bed around age 5 but he ended up being frightened of sleeping alone, so I moved it into my bedroom next to my bed (he slept in the bottom bunk of a bunkbed). At age 8, we moved and he got his own room with a bed, but mostly still slept in our room (now in the top bunk). At that age he started self-regulating his...
Dr. Hale's book has accurate info and he has forums here: http://neonatal.ttuhsc.edu/cgi-bin/d...s&access=guest I would not suggest taking anything with a mix of meds like NiQuil. I would avoid Pseudoephedrine, Phenylephrine. Diphenhydramine (spelling?), Dextromethorphan Acetaminophen is fine for pain. Loratadine is fine as an antihistamine for allergies, but might not work very well for a cold. Guaifenesin is fabulous as an expectorant and can be used to get excess...