or Connect

Posts by Polliwog

I've been a foster parent for seven years and the above does not reflect my experience at all. Nor that of most of my FP friends around the country. Yes, the system is not perfect, and sometimes bad things happen, but it's not nearly as pervasive as the above website would lead you to believe. CPS is not one entity. Each state has it's own and it's often administered locally.
ICM, the au pair/family relationship is different than a nanny/family relationship. It's as much a cultural exchange as a child care solution. Au pairs are generally included as part of the family they live with.
I completely agree with all of the above. And heck, I can't remember the last time my iron got used.
I agree. I've worked as an educator and as a foster parent. While there sometimes situations that aren't handled properly, they are not the norm. I know many, many, families who have been helped by CPS through a variety of in-home, and out-of-home services.
When I was in the classroom, I've done spider studies many times with kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade children. We used both videos and live spiders in our investigations.
I could see that being hard for them. I haven't lived anywhere where handshakes are even slightly common.
All my babies have been formula fed and are very healthy. I'm a foster parent, so nursing isn't an option. All baby formula has to meet standards, so they are more alike than they are different. Baby's Only is organic but very expensive. I used that when my DD was a toddler and wasn't gaining weight. I could never have afforded it for full time use. My babies have used Enfamil, Similac, and both Target and Walmart's store brand. Actually, I had two babies who tolerated the...
I figured that you just missed that one.
You may want to edit out your name from the middle of the document.
I've taught in three states and have never come across the problem Maya mentioned.