or Connect

Posts by inkedmamajama

I almost forgot-   How do you handle things when a debt collector calls you on the phone? Say, you know you cannot afford to pay them (they always want a payment plan as soon as they talk to you in person, and they usually take hefty fees-some even saying half of your payment goes towards their collection fees!)   instead of not answering the phone-how do you answer the phone, explain your situation and get them to stop calling (which does not mean you are...
I am so tired of my financial situation. Here is it, another holiday season and I am still plagued by bank fees, and shutoff notices. Behind on rent and stressed just about the normal monthly bills-not even taking into account the 'holiday' stuff, like a present for our kids.   I am still making things at home for sale-trying to earn what money I can. Thinking of selling my daughter's violin (she switched instruments and no longer uses it)   We are in a better...
Bank fees are killing me. 
I have dreads the same age, and I used some conditioner last week on a few of the really bad psoriasis spots of my scalp. It was just some regular conditioner that I rubbed into the spots-I had no issues with any sort of 'undreading'    If I were to use conditioner on the bulk of my dreads I would use either avocado peels (we go through a lot of avo around here and I am always rubbing the peels on everyone-waste not want not!) or perhaps some coconut...
hydrogen peroxide scares me-I have jet black (and grey!) roots and I would worry that it would bleach my hair. Also, the BURNING!! I have a some raw spots (one morning I woke up to my scalp on fire and my fingernails drenched in blood because I had been furiously scratching in my sleep!) and the peroxide canb be quite burning.   But hey, If i can use my own urine on my scalp for a month, maybe peroxide shouldn't scare me so!    
My sister is sending me some Pascalite, and I was wondering if anyone has used it on skin to heal psoriasis scales?   (I am eager to try it for chronic Diarrhea, dental care, etc as well!)
THANK YOU. ^^VOICE OF REASON, Y'ALL!!^^  
thank you for the suggestion, I have tried that shampoo like I said-but my sister just told me she is going to send me some pascalite clay to try, so I will try that next! "just keep swimming" lol
Its been 11 months since I started this dread journey...the only thing that frustrates me is my psoriasis. I have flaky/crusty/scaly spots all over. Usually when I have brushable hair my scalp goes through cycles-I have never had to deal with nonstop flaking. I think the only thing that is really different in that I do not use conditioner anymore-I wonder if that was actually doing my scalp some good?    I still have a crazy amount of loose hairs that need worked...
I responded by PM but just wanted to say in this thread that we have worked with Linsey and she is a consummate professional and was wonderful at our birth.     This thread looks a little old, but I am wondering if anyone has worked with the midwives Linsey Kornya and/or Barb Hoffmeier in St. Louis? Any feedback you can provide in a PM would be great. Thanks.