or Connect

Posts by elliemae8

Hi everyone,   We have decided to move back to NW AR (long story) and are moving THIS WEEK Are there any other natural-minded mamas that would like to connect?  We homeschool, cloth diaper, extended breastfeed, etc. - yep, those 'weird' ones haha.  Please let me know if there are any groups we could join in the area.   Thank you so much!
Hello everyone,   I am very much on the UC wagon now and am trying to get the things I need in place since the baby will probably be ready soon.  My first child was born as *naturally* as possible after transferring to the hospital (I had no support among other reasons) but was an awful nightmare and I was treated horribly and we were separated out of spite for four days.  I do NOT want to go to a hospital with this one.   My only real concerns are legal and the...
Hello,   I was wondering if anyone knew of a UC-friendly or very hands-off (unless necessary) midwife around the northern KC Missouri area.  PLEASE??  I am already 33 weeks (just moved to the area and can't find anyone I can afford in my area yet).  In our previous area (before I had to move) the midwife I was seeing was very flexible with payment and said I was considered low-risk.   My husband (now ex) walked out and I am in desperate need of someone who would...
Hello everyone,   I have so much respect for the strength of the women on here, and also for all mothers regardless of where/how they choose to birth.   I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and my (now ex) husband walked out on me when he found out I was pregnant (I had just missed the first period and he left and said it was not his, that I was not even pregnant).  He is in now back in another country, and has been trying to contact me lately saying he wants us to...
Forgot to mention we are looking for:   1.  Cheap (hopefully no more than $525 per month, our last 2BR apt. was only $440 in our previous state but the COL is cheaper there somewhat too)  I am very open to a little modest house or duplex or fourplex or a one-bedroom apartment (although I was trying to avoid apartments due to noise). 2.  Safe (for a single mommy with soon-to-be 2 kids where we won't feel afraid or get shot!) 3.  Hopefully with a washer and dryer...
Thank you so much!    I appreciate any help from the mamas here, we gotta move F A S T!!  LOL
Hi there,   I am currently looking around western Missouri and eastern Kansas for somewhere to move immediately with cheap rent that is safe as well.  However, I am pregnant and plan to homeschool and am trying to decide whether Missouri or Kansas is more 'crunchy' for homebirths (lay midwives or CPM or even UC) and homeschooling.  Is it fairly easy to have a natural birth and find non-vax or delayed vax-friendly docs in western MO?  Are they open to...
Hi there,   I am currently looking around western Missouri and eastern Kansas for somewhere to move immediately with cheap rent that is safe as well.  However, I am pregnant and plan to homeschool and am trying to decide whether Kansas or Missouri is more 'crunchy' for homebirths (lay midwives or CPM or even UC) and homeschooling.  Is it fairly easy to have a natural birth and find non-vax or delayed vax-friendly docs in eastern KS?  Are they open to attachment...
I forgot to mention that I intend to start homeschooling this year also and REALLY need a supportive group around me for that.  I would also like somewhere I can go to farmer's markets:)  
Hi everyone,   I am in a dilemma.  I am currently in NW Arkansas and my husband (now ex) abandoned me when he found out I was pregnant.  I also have a young child already, and we are in financial difficulty now due to the situation.  I wanted to move out west to escape the humidity but since I am now pregnant do not have the funds yet and am thinking maybe I should move a little closer to my family until the baby is born at least (I am 6.5 hours away from them right...