or Connect

Posts by mamapsychologist

Like Lyloda5, fetal monitors of labors #1 to #3 showed my contractions peaking & me not feeling any pain, even at 8+ cm dilation. I either didn't feel them or it just felt like pressure down below. My OBs & nurses were astounded at how I didn't react much to these peaks. Even when my bag of water broke, contractions didn't feel painful just more intense. More like feeling constipated or crampy. It feels the most intense when the baby is crowning b/c my babies usually...
Date + time of Birth: July 8th, 7:59 AM Username (real name) Edd: Mamapsychologist (July 2nd) Baby Name + Sex: Sela, baby girl Gestational age: 40 wks + 6 days Weight + Length: 6.11 lbs, 19.75 in. birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1241588
My midwife is encapsulating 2/3 of it & I kept the other third. The one I kept I'm using for a raw-placenta berry smoothies & the rest are steamed into a vegetable broth. Can't taste the placenta at all in the smoothie. The steamed placenta tastes like liver & is yummy! My baby's 3 days old today & my milk came in last night, which is a lot sooner than other times. I'm attributing it to my placenta ingesting as well as baby's constant nursing.
Woke up at 5:50 AM today (July 8th) b/c I felt my water break/leak. Called my midwife right away & called my mom to come over & sleep next to my youngest who still cosleeps with me. Hubby got busy taping down the plastic carpet cover all over the living room, hallway, & bedroom & putting water in our standard-sized bathtub. As he was doing this, I changed into my birthing outfit (bikini top & bathing-suit wrap). I went outside to get some fresh air & walk for a bit around...
Felt the same way when pregnant with my 2nd. Then got over it a few months after, when I got used to juggling/loving 2 kids. The guilt, concerns, etc. never came back again. I'm pg with my 4th now & it's all about sharing & expanding our love. I think it helps that my kids are excited about the new baby & we all talk about how much love this new baby will bring to our family. As a parent of multiple kids, I find that I love them all individually & as a whole. There's...
Austin's API forum is on www.bigtent.com. You can get help/info about residential communities, events, midwives, etc. from it.
Dr. Christina Sebestyen. Includes midwives in her practice.
Thanks for your responses. I've interviewed with Laurie Fremgen & will be interviewing Melanie Henderson tomorrow. I'll look into Ilyssa & Faith. Any feedback on GB Khalsa &/or Heather Hilton?
This is my 5th pregnancy & am looking for a hands-off but caring midwife who will let the birth unfold naturally. I've had easy vaginal (hospital) births & hoping this one will be too so I really just need a midwife who'll be there to make sure there's no real emergencies & take care of the afterbirth. If there are emergencies, I'm hoping she's competent enough to take care of it as much as she can...thus, have a very low hospital-transfer rate. Who would you...
At 41 wks, I was 7 cm dilated & was stretchy to 9cm. Just BH contractions. Showed up at hosp at OB's suggestion b/c didn't want to have the baby in the car. Didn't feel contractions until after AROM was done. I've been walking around at 6 cm for a whole week prior & not bothered at all except for occassional BH. This was my 3rd birth & I tend not to feel my contractions during my labors, even though the contraction machine shows my contractions peaking. It doesn't...