or Connect

Posts by cidercat

I've considered making our own for a long time.  Maybe it's time to do that.  I think we definitely have to lose the Tide.
DS is 24 months.  He's been rashy his entire life, not severely so, just persistently so. We CD.  We have a front loader.  We were using Tide HE for clothes & dipes until DS came along and had the most horrific diaper area rash for weeks.  I changed to Country Save (for clothes & dipes) and treated the rash aggressively with cortisone and it went away.  It never came back.  He continued to have mild eczema, specifically on the ankles & the backs of his knees.  He's...
Quote: Originally Posted by larablue Try soaking it in sterilizing solution between uses or boil it in water for 10 minutes before reinserting it. This means, every time you take it out! It is annoying but for some women this is the only possibility. Washing only is not enough for some women. I bought a second one due to this and things have gotten much easier ;-). I think I will get a 2nd, just in case, a different brand,...
I'm not washing with anything. Just hot water. Could *that* be the problem?
I have a diva cup (size 2). This is my 3rd period using it. I cut the stem off completely on the first cycle because it was poking/pinching. On the second cycle, I learned about turning it inside out to make it shorter, which helped the comfort factor immensely. I've never had leaking problems & insertion isn't a insurmountable issue. It is comfortable, barely (if at all) noticeable when I've gotten it optimally inserted. The HUGE problem is that by the end of my...
absolutely. they're like vitamin c wafer texture. totally do-able. the kids LOVE them.
i'm brain dead. it says right on the container it provides 182 mg per 1/2 t. So I should probably be giving him at least 2 doses. Is it better/ more effective to give them separately? Or is all at once equally as effective?
DS is 4 1/2. He's about 45 lb. I have him taking the kirkman sweet magnesium glycinate 1x a day (1/2 t, so 997 mg). He is also taking the kirkman b6/magnesium chewable wafer 1x a day (50 mg of b6, 25 mg of magnesium). Should he be getting more? We're supplementing to help with behavioral problems (temper tantrums, moodiness, irritability, aggression) and things got better when we first started supplementing, but now we're leveling off. Still not as bad as...
I just recently found out about deficiencies & supplements. Here is my link about my DS. He was tentatively diagnosed as Bipolar (he's 4 1/2). The mamas here recommended magnesium supplementation. I don't know if it is the magnesium (and multi-vitamins) or the karate or the play therapy or all of the above, but he is doing amazingly better. The short story is that it helps with aggression, irritability, hyperactivity, all of the yucky things that "difficult" kids...
thanks, mamas. now, does anyone have a link or a source for the best price for the kirkman magnesium glycinate powder?