or Connect

Posts by e_mom_e

Wow that made my heart flutter, how wonderful to hear they actually not only supported you but even got you help! So did she giv you helpful advice to get her to nurse again? Thanks for sharing!
I agree with the first person that it is quite possible that you just don't notice it because you live there and your nose does become accustomed to it....When we leave and come back after a few days our house smells different as well (not bad) just that you have to get accustomed to it again. However if it's really bad you need to get to the root of it, it could be the carpets or the padding underneat, mildew somewhere either in the furniture, carpet or walls, could be...
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal I guess I was trying to get away from disposable and find something safe that I could use again and again. The bamboo veneer wear stuff IS meant to use over and over...it's not thin like paper, in my post I was meaning veneer is thinner than the traditional bamboo stuff. But it's perfect for using it for occasions where you just need extra stuff and then if eventually you have to chunk it, it's biodegradable....
How about bamboo.... Here is a store with bamboo that you can get veneer wear (basically it's just really thin sheets of bamboo) and you can get packages of it for your exact purpose...and if for some reason it got ruined it's meant to be disposable eventually...it is biodegradable. http://store.greenfeet.com/bambu.asp?Cc=BAMBU%5FVENEERWAR&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc= &WT.svl=itemname oh and you can get every sort of bamboo flatware and utensils etc...
Check out Thermos they have some really great hot/cold containers that get great reviews. Their stuff claims to hold hot stuff for like 5 hours. So you could put hot or cold, solids or soups etc... oh and it's not plastic, it's stainless steel Right now there is a co-op on another board doing the foogo line of thermos and you can get the food containers for a really good price...pm me and I will give you the link.
I use Charlies and put vinegar in my fabric softener dispenser...I love it my clothes feel so clean and soft and no more of that yucky smell from the softener and detergents. I use bacout for stains...it works great...I spray it on my son's cloth diapers and it gets ALL the poop stains out...works for mama cloth too! It gets out all the stain and odor of anything organic.
I always just use my electric hand mixer to make mashed potatoes...you will have a few tiny lumps but hardly noticeable, if anything the lumps are probably from not cooking the potatoes long enough, I am just impatient. I just toss all the cooked taters in a bowl, throw in some butter, milk, s&p and mix with the mixer...this is even how my mom did it and she is pretty old fashioned about most stuff but she always did it this way.
I joined a mom's group on meetup.com, it's a pretty neat website, see if there are any mom's groups in your area...or on yahoo o check your local newspaper or healthfood store...maybe try to start one up yourself, you would be surprised how quick you can get something going. I am very different than alot of the moms in my group, I am not so mainstream anymore and most of them are...but I don't care about that...I just want someone to talk to, and someone to listen to and...
I've been looking at that one too and I keep hearing great stuff about it...It will probably be my choice if I can find $250
also found this Quote: What is the safest way to dispose of soda ash? Name: Katie Message: What is the safest way to dispose of soda ash? I will assume that you are asking about discarding soda ash (sodium carbonate) at home or in a teaching lab or art studio, not the large quantities that may be produced industrially. If you are discarding small quantities that have been dissolved in water, it is safe to just pour it down the sink. Laundry detergent...