or Connect

Posts by IamCoupongirl

Another girl! That's three in a row for us...
Since technically I have full naming rights to this kiddo (heh heh, since hubby's number one choices trumped mine the first two times), I'm sort of noodling on Allison Georgette (mn after my mom).
I'm intrigued! Anybody want to sell me their used copy? I hate to buy new...especially on this topic.
Funny tangent here, riaketty, just had to share...i used to abhor bikinis (or any two piece bathing suits) on little girls and could never figure out a "real" reason to buy one...until my girls were out of diapers. (Modest) two piece suits are waaay easier to get in and out of quickly on the frequent trips to the bathroom, especially when wet or sandy! So now we have one piece suits for swim lessons, etc and two pieces for days at the beach and the like. I figured out that...
I haven't yet ventured into BRU this pregnancy...so thanks for the heads up! Yay!
We had a short list of girl and boy names...but found out last week we're having girl #3! If this one was a boy, my top contender was Griffin. We're considering the name we DIDN'T pick for dd1 (Charlotte) or perhaps the name we DIDN'T pick for dd2 (Allison), but it seems like those names belong to those two kids...even though we didn't use them for them, kwim? I also like Meredith and Lindsay, but my hubby is kind of...eh.
My story is very much like LaLaLaLa's....but the only thing I'd add is that the first 24 hours kinda sucked from the standpoint of having the catheter in and a bit of pain and mostly the nurses checking my blood pressure all the dang time! But with both my dd's, after the 24 hour mark (and cath being removed) things were easy-peasy. If you do end up with a c-section, I wish you a speedy recovery, mama.
Guess it's sort of self-explanatory, but I'm kinda bummed out that baby clothes in the stores seem different than 5 years ago! I have two girls, ages 7 and (almost) 5. After I had the second one, I got rid of all baby clothes, etc...but here I am, pregnant with girl #3, so I need to build a new baby wardrobe. I've been looking all over for the plain, soft, simple baby clothes (like the stretchy carter's terry sleepers, or plain onesies without embroidery or weird stuff)...
With both my girls (nursed until age two), I was worried about nipple confusion, etc....with dd1, I tried introducing a bottle several times at 4-6 weeks, and she refused altogether. Never took a bottle once...until she swiped a girl's bottle on a playdate at age 10 months. I think she thought it was a weird sippy cup. With dd2, I was slightly less worried about nipple confusion, and was worried that for my kids 4-6 weeks was too late! I cautiously offered bottles of...
With this pregnancy, as with my 2 girls, I'm nauseous a lot, not just in the morning...but then all of a sudden, I'll be just ravenous! Like, if I don't eat, I'll burst into tears. I remember being this was with my other two, but I guess I forgot how to deal with it. My issue is that when I'm nauseous...I can't think straight about planning meals, or what would taste good later AND be healthy. I just can't think about food at all. But then I'm starving (early afternoon...