or Connect

Posts by owen&mama

Hi. I'm the 'good friend' that my good friend, singermom, referred to. And, I just lost the big message that I intended to post. Here is my more abbreviated version. My family and I have lived here for the last 8 months or so. (Read: My opinion is jaded by my recent experience.) We live in Reston, VA. That was a very intentional choice and quite different than our original plan. My company provided us with temporary housing (in the form of a furnished...
Like all of you, I'm so glad I found this thread. And, also like most of you, I am keeping an eye on my watch this Friday afternoon to get home to my little ones. But I wanted to post and join in the conversation. As I read the posts up to this point, I am finding so much in common with you all. I haven't gotten all the way through them yet (but I will), but I have already felt a big connection. My DH is a carpenter by trade - although not quite as enamored with it,...
In some of my travels with ds, when family or friends weren't available (sometimes buying the plane ticket is cheaper), I've used nannyonthenet.com. If they have a franchise in the area you are traveling, they can provide temporary nannies. Good luck!
(Cross-posted in Toddlers) I'm going to try to keep this short, but I'm curious as to whether this is normal and/or if there are things I should be trying to help. My ds, who turned 3 in December, is a very smart, clever, articulate, perceptive, yada yada yada, child. In the last couple of months, he seems to have developed this - this is hard to describe - tendency to use aggressive behavior as an outlet for pent up energy. Hmmm...maybe an example is a better way...
(Cross-posted to GD) I'm going to try to keep this short, but I'm curious as to whether this is normal and/or if there are things I should be trying to help. My ds, who turned 3 in December, is a very smart, clever, articulate, perceptive, yada yada yada, child. In the last couple of months, he seems to have developed this - this is hard to describe - tendency to use aggressive behavior as an outlet for pent up energy. Hmmm...maybe an example is a better way to...
Just chiming in....my ds turned 3 in December. The last time that I asked him if he was ready to sit on the potty, he said, "No, maybe when I'm four". He still isn't dry in the mornings. When we get there, I might start encouraging again. Until then, we've got plenty of other things to do, I suppose.
You mean the Olsen twins have trust funds? to you mama. We're right here, standing in amazement of your light. You are almost there. Having once been a starving actor in NYC, I would have killed for a babysitting job. Honestly, they aren't all actors with a capital "A". And most will probably be even more narcissistic than you think you are! Do you have any connections? Love the cow joke.
I agree. If she has calcium-rich foods in her diet and she's acting fine, I wouldn't worry. There's a lot besides milk to get that from. I sounds like your ped was just showing professional concern and with the nutritionist tip, covering the bases in case you wanted that kind of help. Since the bm doesn't have the calcium content, he probably wanted to ensure it came from somewhere. At least he was offering alternatives instead of pushing cow's milk on you, right? My...
I have to say I'm curious, too. I have a three-year-old who is one of those happy singers, talkers, pokers (we usually lie with him ) too. We start our routine about 7:30 every night...bath, wind-down play (which doesn't always turn out to be too "down" - hey! that may be part of our problem, but anyway), brush teeth, books, then lights out. It's usually 9:30 or 10 before any semblance of sleep. We have the same problem with naps...he's just too wound up. He's...
My eldest DS was an avid nurser until between the ages of 8 and 10 months. I think this is normal - at least from what I've read - and is why many moms wean around this time....they assume the babe is done and so are they. He was just getting interested in solids around this time, I think, but like Manda's babe, was back at the breast in earnest after that brief time. He nursed until he was 2. My current DS is almost 9 months and does not have the same affinity for...