or Connect

Posts by junipermuse

So I'm still nursing my 16-mo baby though he's my second, so I've actually been nursing for almost the last four years non stop. I woke up this morning with intense pain in my breast on the lower half of my right side. I don't have a fever or anything, but the pain of touching it or even the pain of it moving while I walk around the house feels pretty severe. Is this a clogged duct? Am I on my way to mastitis? Do I need to go see a doctor? Could it be something else?...
wow that's awesome! That's practically my goal weight :)
  Carby breakfasts are going to use up a lot more points on the new plan. My husband was eating oatmeal everyday on the old plan, but now he's decided he's better off with eggs and bacon.    The thing I like about the new plan is that I've often been a big believer in Traditional Foods, as well as Primal diets etc. However I still have to watch my overall calories or I won't lose weight. This new way of calculating points seems very congruent with these types of eating...
So the new plan was announced online today. I'm sure I'll hear more about it at my meeting on Wednesday, but since I track everything online, I'm already using the new program. Of course I won't know if it is working for me for a couple of weeks (this week is totally off because it's 1/2 old, 1/2 new plan and it was thanksgiving and so I allowed myself a cheat day). I do like the way it works though. My husband is really worried that it will cause him to lose slower...
I am so gonna try this one for dinner tonight  
Hey just wanted to pop in again. DD (3.9) was just diagnosed with ADHD as well as SPD and Apraxia. She also seems to have some elements of anxiety and can be extremely oppositional. We're really struggling because A) disciplining her seems to require a level of consistency that is difficult for me to maintain, and B) It seems to require a different style of discipline than I imagined I would use with my children.    Right now I'm feeling exhausted a lot. My husband...
I would have insisted my child share the cars, whether or not he thought they were his. I think its fine to have one or two special toys (when dd was a toddler she actually slept with two special hot wheels cars), but any more than they can hold in two hands and it's not about their need to use a toy, but their power to keep other people from having it. If he wanted to play with the cars then he could have picked a few that he wanted to use and let the other child have a...
Well I am a Christian and I don't think I believe in Jesus as the literal Son of God. I certainly believe in the idea metaphorically. I believe in the mythology of Christ. I don't however believe in the bible literally. I don't believe in the literal virgin birth. I'm not even decided on whether there was an historical jesus. I do honor the bible as the collection of sacred stories of my people. I would be happy to come back and expound more clearly on my specific...
Since there didn't seem to be on yet, I thought I'd start it.   I weighed in yesterday at my meeting and I lost 2.4 lbs. That felt really good after having a week where I didn't lose the week before. I wonder if my body is switching over to alternating losing lots and maintaining, rather than steady weekly weightloss. I'm considering trying to get more exercise too. So far I just take daily walks with the kids, but I'm thinking I should try to do some intervals or...
Quote: Originally Posted by SeattleRain Does she like to be swaddled? If so, perhaps try this. It has a slot for the carseat buckle and because its thin jersey, I'm comfortable putting baby in the carseat with this swaddle on. I find it helps soothe him and I've even used it for nighttime driving to encourage him to sleep. We used this is in the car for ds and on many occasions it worked great, though there were definitely times it did not. We...