or Connect

Posts by junipermuse

I just wanted to post a little update. Dh called our friends to get more information and they confirmed that yes EVERYONE in their family will be getting boosters, so it isn't just children, and that they only want to keep non vaxed folks away until she gets her first shot at 2 months. So its a lot better than I was thinking before. We can wait 2 months to see the baby. I had wanted to go down earlier (before they had mentioned the vax thing), but dh was hoping we could...
Quote: Originally Posted by jessemoon I keep recommending this book (about every few months it comes up). It is written for preschool teachers, but I found it very helpful as a parent. It talks about why kids gravitate to superhero/villain play, why they need parts of it and what adults can do to help channel it positively. It also talks about the difference between adult discomfort and damaging aggression. " Heroes, villains and saving the day!...
Quote: Originally Posted by Emmeline II It doesn't sound like you see them much anyway . Just give them time to get through the new parent hyper-protectiveness. Obviously your baby survived having unvaxed siblings, eventually that will sink in. It could be worse; someone on the main vax board posted awhile ago that their children were banned from the home of their first cousins (twins) for two YEARS because the poster's children were...
Quote: Originally Posted by littlec On one hand, I get it- they want to protect their child, but they should go beyond "keeping them away from anyone who isn't up to date on their vaccines." And if they're your closest friends, you should certainly ask them if they mean adults or not. The jerk in me wants to tell you to be sure and tell them to keep their kid away from yours when they get any live virus vaccines (like rotavirus) and see how they...
Quote: Originally Posted by heathergirl67 I know it hurts, but it sounds like you're projecting a lot in regards to their reasons. You assume that it's just your kids, no adults, and their way of coercing you into vaccinating. But really, you don't know. I agree with PP that I'll give any parents license to be paranoid and over-protective for at least the first six months after their baby's birth. That's sort of their job. When your toddler had WC...
Quote: Originally Posted by SubliminalDarkness I've been on the opposite receiving end of this. We had friends that didn't want us around because we DO vaccinate and they were worried about shedding viruses. *shrug* You just can't win all the time. All you can do is make the decision you think is best for your family, and accept that others will do the same. See that would hurt my feelings too. I think everybody makes the choice for their kid...
Quote: Originally Posted by Parker'smommy They are really pushing the Pertussis vaccine in Southern California and telling new parents and parents to be these exact things: get all adults vaccinated in a household with a new baby. There are even commercials on t.v. There seems to be a an "epidemic" in Southern California right now. And they fully aknowledge that a baby isn't fully vaccinated until 9 months when they get all of the shots in the series. I...
Thanks for the responses. I just wanted to make very clear that I would NEVER bring my kids around their new baby or any newborn while they had any symptoms of illness. I know I said my kids still have a slight cough (Like they cough once or twice a day, and my understanding is that they are not really a risk for transmission at this point), but we live 400 miles from these friends so we would not be visiting them unless the kids were 100%. In fact we have other close...
Hello everyone. We just got back from my SIL's wedding. I'm scared to step on the scale because I did not count points while I was away. We were gone from Thursday night until Sunday night. Now that we're home I'm trying to stick to my daily points without stepping into my weekly points at all. I may skip my weigh in all together though this week. Maybe I'll try to exercise more today as well... okay just stepped on my bathroom scale and it says I'm down at least .8 lbs...
I'm feeling so sad today. Last night my dh's best friend called to let us know that they weren't allowing anyone around their new baby (not born yet, due in a week or two) who hasn't had the DTaP. Both of my kiddos are vax-free. They said "no one", but from what my dh relayed to me it didn't sound like they meant adults needed to have a booster, just that if we wanted to bring the kids to visit we needed to get them immunized. I don't really know if they think we're going...