or Connect

Posts by junipermuse

Well I left dd overnight for 3 days (my grandfather had died and I had to travel to help my mother) when she was 14 months. She was still nursing night and day. I found that I was so engorged that I found I needed to pump twice a day to relieve my breasts, but my milk supply did not suffer. And when I returned dd happily came right back to the breast. I bet if you pumped a couple times during an overnight you could probably go 1 or 2 days. Also I wouldn't worry too much...
I also wanted to post on my progress. This week I lost 1.8 lbs, though it may have been slightly more, I realized after I weighed that I forgot to empty my pockets and their were several dollars in quarters in there. I have now lost a total of 6.4 lbs since starting WW (I had already lost about 10lbs before I started WW). I also dropped down below 160 so I did lose a pt for being in the 150-159 range.
Quote: Originally Posted by pixiemama I'm brand new to WW, just signed up today. This is the first time I've ever done any type of weight loss plan and I am hoping to stay motivated! I'm nursing a 9 month old and also a "dietary" vegan, so those are my challenges. I think you'll find ww pretty veg friendly. Beans, vegetables, and fruits are very filling for not a lot of points. I do eat meat, but on the occasions where I eat meatless I do get to...
So we were able to find an OT that was a preferred provider with our PPO, and she's right around the corner from our house. Yay! We had our first appointment this morning and I think it went really well. The OT seemed to click really well with dd and I could tell they both really liked each other. We actually had another appointment with a different OT earlier in the week (there was a mix up because I tried to cancel the appointment with less than 72 hours notice, and she...
When I was a preschool teacher, the rule about gun play was that children couldn't bring toy guns to school and the school did not supply them, but the children could build guns out of art materials, or legos etc or pretend other objects were guns, and they were allowed to play at shooting as long as the other children were willing participants. We taught the children to ask, "do you want to play a shooting game?" before they started pretending to shoot. Since gun play can...
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree My dc took the bus to school for years. I would drive them on occasion, usually if I was also going in to the school for volunteering or a meeting. Sometimes I picked them up at school if they had an after-school activity. On the school bus, my dc chatted with their friends, played cards, played games. It was a social event. I know some parents who drove their kids every day, simply because their kids hated the...
who's doing the throwing? If its the toddlers, it may not have anything to do with how many toys you have, its just kind of the the way toddlers are. If its the older kids there could be a couple of issues. I often have found that certain kids are throwers and certain aren't. It can help to reduce the amount of toys the kids have access to down to a bare minimum to break the habit of throwing them around, and then slowly add the rest back in as they learn. Also is there...
Would he eat a little pizza made on an english muffin. I make these for dd sometimes and she likes them. I cook them in the toaster oven.
I'm in total agreement that one can have a totally healthy diet without milk. But that drinking cow's milk can also be a healthy option. I nursed my daughter until she was 3 and she never would drink cow's milk at all. Though she does love cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. My little guy (13 months) is still nursing, but he eats a ton of food. I plan to nurse him at least until 2, but possibly longer. He doesn't like cow's milk as a beverage, though he does love cheese (and...
Quote: Originally Posted by paxye Well, I wish that someone would have said it to me when my first was a baby... I was listening to all the advice of bedtime and had expectations around sleep etc and it caused so many problems and I didn't even CIO, I did however do what the OP did, or tried to have DH take over when he wanted to nurse.... (and I did think that CIO has the same effects when someone is next to them) My DS hated to going to sleep because it...