or Connect

Posts by junipermuse

We live in Marin, and the summers tend to be fairly mild. This year it's actually been abnormally cool. I don't think I'd be able to comfortably walk in 105 degree weather. Oh well I'll just skip the walks and try to take two a day on Tues and Wed of next week to make up the difference. I think I'm going to have to leave the double stroller at home though because my husband didn't want me to rent the small suv (too expensive), and there is a good chance I won't be able to...
We got an appt. with a dev ped. It actually is only a week and a half away. Seems pretty good considering that some of the ones we called had six month waiting lists. I hope it doesn't mean this one isn't any good. We also have a tentative appt with an occupational therapist. I actually put calls in to a bunch of them and got calls back from 3. So how does one choose from just talking on the phone which one to see? I also need to call back the insurance company and figure...
Had my week 2 weigh in today. I only lost .8 lbs this week, but combined with my first weeks loss it's a total of 3 lbs. I actually stepped on the scale at home the other day and it said I was under 160. It's been a really long time since I've 150-anything so that was super exciting. I'm going down to Phoenix this weekend with the kids. We're visiting my brother and his family. I hope I'm able to stick to my points while I'm out of town. Does anyone have any tips for...
So I called dd's pediatrician today and they recommended that I make an appointment with a dev ped. They gave me a list of people to call, so I'm going to do that and then I will also start calling OT's and see if we can get her in for an evaluation. I also called a good friend of mine today who has a son with SPD and also some other learning disabilities and I'm going to see if she has a copy of out of sync child or out of sync child has fun. I'm going to add the other...
Quote: Originally Posted by nayma how are her social skills? her relationship with you? i ask because she sounds a lot like my dd (4), and my dd is diagnosed with asperger's syndrome. i am not trying to imply in any way that your dd does, as well - just trying to get more info, and maybe be able to help. My sister was diagnosed with pdd-nos as a child and I have lots of experience babysitting and working as a teacher with kids who are on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Honey693 Mine actually went up. My boyfriend was my math tutor and he was a math genius. The same for me. I had a serious boyfriend all through high school and my grades went up when I started dating him. He was very studious and we spent lots of time studying together.
If your son isn't crying out, it can be really hard to catch the biting in the act. I know it would be nice if the care-providers always caught it in the act or better yet saw the bite about to happen, but my experience as an early childhood teacher is that 2/3 of bites seem to happen when your eyes are somewhere else. But the crying is what usually alerts you to the situation. So if your son is taking it in stride, they may never realize that the biting occurred. Is it...
Well I think it's kind of funny calling them "spitty girls" and telling them to have a "spitty day." Unless these girls were preschool age, then I don't consider what the OP said to be "bullying." Honestly they probably got so upset because she made it into a joke and they were frustrated that they were losing their power over the OP and her children. They wanted to get their power high from making them feel bad and they got upset because they couldn't. The OP's words...
This thread is really funny. Does anyone watch Bones? I've always thought Dr. Brennan is on the Spectrum as well. Does anyone else see that?
I slept in today and she was up early with dh, but here's picture of our day so far (at least what I saw of it). DD constantly manhandling ds while dh and I get ready. Dh is dressed and ready to go, but sitting on the bed so dd pulls of his socks off to check for "mud" despite being asked not to. I ask her to get dressed so we can walk up to the bakery to get coffee (for me) and a croissant (for her) she says she wants to stay in her nightgown, but when I say it's time...