or Connect

Posts by puffingirl

Now that the 1st trimester is coming to an end, we're finally starting to think about the fact that I'll eventually have to give birth to this baby. I'm due in late June and not sure about when to start Bradley classes. Our choices are to start in January or April. Is is better to go early to make sure we won't miss anything in case of an early arrival? Or is it better to go later and have everything be fresh in our heads? Any thoughts? Thanks!
I am so incredibly grateful for all the replies. It is such an amazing relief to hear that others have experienced this and still experienced positive outcomes. Just not feeling like a monster of a person for having these thoughts brings some peace of mind as well... Although I grieved for my pregnancy loss before, I thought I was kind of "over it" for the most part. But I can really relate to the posts about the defense of detachment this time around. We've been...
It feels awful to even write this but I know that I can't keep it totally locked inside.... I'm pregnant with my 1st, after a miscarriage earlier in the year, and am starting to feel like the whole idea was a mistake. I agonized for years about whether or not I wanted to be a parent and got to a point where I thought that I genuinely did, and this was a very planned pregnancy. Now that I'm almost done with my 1st trimester, I'm not so sure. I know that I am extremely...
I'm taking progesterone supplements for that very reason. The side effects aren't pleasant, so I don't think I'd want to take it unless it was clearly needed (and some days I still don't really want to take it). Can you ask about having your blood levels checked more often and just keep on eye on it? I had a m/c at 7 weeks this summer so I've had more frequent blood draws this time and I started on the supplements when my progesterone level fell signficantly from one...
This topic came up in our house last night. DH has been feeling really stressed lately and is clenching his jaw a lot. We were talking about how he needs to find some ways to relieve his stress in healthy ways, and he says, "Sex would help". I was feeling so sick and exhausted and miserable that I looked at him and said, "Are you f*@#ing crazy?" : I'm about 8.5 weeks along and we haven't had sex since conception. It makes me feel a little bit bad, but honestly I can't...
Thanks, mama. I would have never have thought of that one, but I'm willing to give anything a shot!
I'm in my 1st trimester and have athlete's foot for the 1st time. Ugh. Anyone know of any safe, natural remedies that might help? I have read that tea tree oil is not advised during pregnancy, so my original idea is down the tubes. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Has anyone consulted an herbalist during their pregnancy? I go to acupuncture regularly, which helps a good deal, but am still suffering with some difficult discomforts, despite my best efforts at small meals, food choices, etc. My midwife told me I can take Zantac for the acid reflux, but I really don't want to take it. Today my acupuncturist suggested that I consult with an herbalist. The appointments are a little expensive, but I will gladly pay it if it would...
I'm just over 7 weeks along and feel wretched almost all the time. Thankfully I haven't had vomiting, but I'm either queasy or in pain from massive acid reflux. I'm so tired that I can barely get through the day. Work is really hard and I haven't done a thing around the house in weeks. All I can do most days is breathe in, breathe out and try to hang on. I've been a miserable, grouchy person, and feel bad for all my loved ones. Please, please, please tell me that this...