or Connect

Posts by kettunainen

Quote: Originally Posted by majazama thanks for your thoughts. I am planning on not using any salt either, as I want to be able to bury the placenta afterwards, and not have it kill the plants around it.. lol.. Ground rosemary sounds like a good idea. I've also heard of using goldenseal powder on the cord stump if it gets infected. My MW did this with her last baby, and she said that you can wet the cord and reshape it close to the baby so you can move...
I just posted my experience thus far in this thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...1#post15485867
Hi -- I just had my little guy (UC waterbirth!) and we're doing a lotus birth. I didn't read about the rosemary until yesterday and we're already at Day 11. Here are a few things I've discovered in this journey: We didn't opt for salt at all and I'm glad: apparently it can absorb more humidity and create a situation where rotting occurs instead of desiccation. We opted for a blend of various spices and herbs that have antibacterial, antiseptic, and astringent...
: I'm planning my second pregnancy this coming August and I'm scared out of my mind about having to transfer with this one as well. It's almost crippling at times, this fear. But there's really nothing I can do about it except explore it, poke at it and see what it can tell me. also, hi fyrebloom! congrats on your newest bun
Quote: Originally Posted by tessie Imagine if you weren't breastfed beyond age two and your brain wasn't complete. Oh. I can't tell whether you're being serious or tongue-in-cheek. Personally, speaking as someone who was fully formula-fed and who is now dependent on the DHA in fish oil to help her brain be 'complete' in order to avoid being on synthetic anti-depressants for the rest of her life, I think the world would be filled with...
My son is testing boundaries with us now. When he's at his highchair, he drops food and books onto the floor. We tell him that food is for eating, not throwing. That you need to be respectful of your food and not throw it on the floor. That when you are all done with food, you keep it on the table or you give it to Mama/Dada. That food belongs on the table or in your mouth. We tell him not to throw books on the floor. We say, firmly, No, that's not how you treat books....
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean I've always described the experience as having felt powerless, passive, unheard, etc., but in the past I've felt that all that negativity was more than cancelled out by my amazing boy. And of course I still feel that way, but suddenly I just have this feeling of, "Hey! I actually wasn't okay with a lot of the things that happened." That's EXACTLY what I'm going through now and my son's 13 months old. Just...
I'll take a look at the Phil&Ted's. That sounds promising! I don't care what it folds up to, I want the unfolded stroller to be as compact as possible because everyday travel for me usually DOES require buses, subways, or streetcars. The umbrella stroller just isn't working for me now, and it'll be hideous once the snows come, not to mention any sort of inclement weather. It's about as basic as you can get.
It's been awhile since I've been on MDC and am noticing a few forum changes, so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a jogging-type stroller (must have big wheels) that is also super compact. Like an umbrella stroller-jogging stroller hybrid. Does such a thing exist or am I dreaming? I need something easily maneuverable in snow but compact enough to take on buses, streetcars, and subways and not take up three...
So.... how many wet/soiled diapers were you two going through each day/night before switching to training pants?