or Connect

Posts by lilliansmom

First let me say I am sorry I know how heartbreaking it can be for bfing relationship to end earlier then you planned. DD number 1 stopped nursing around 12 months. I was freaking out. I was at home with her 24/7 and offered the boob often. It all started at 10 1/2 months as a nursing strike from teething but after offering for 6 plus weeks (she only accepted to nursed to sleep) my supply dwindled which did not help. I tried pumping to keep up the supply but it did not....
Quote: Originally Posted by Raine822 I would be honest which for me would be "we don't believe in unnecessary medical intervention". Also, In my case "our doctor does not recommend routine circ". I ended up having girls so don't know how well these work though. This is what I say and it works. If people push I turn it back around in a nice way and ask them why did you choice to circ? Honestly it is the weirder choice.
My hubby didn't care. I will say normally I get 75% of the say when it comes to the kids. I told him what I found and he was cool with no circ. I had my augment all prepared to. I was going to start with loss of sexual sensation (I would think all Dads would be against that). My DH did say he was pretty sure they did not need to "match". After the birth of DS my Doctor asked what we decided and I said no circ thanks and my Doctor said "Good call it is purely ascetic" ...
Quote: Originally Posted by nelson I'm glad someone brought this up. DS has a "friend" who is very aggressive and always hitting, biting etc. I really don't like it when the mother of the offending child brings the child back over and makes him "touch gently" on my DS. I don't want that child in my DS's bubble again unless it it on my DS's own terms. Being forced to receive a hug or touch from a kid who just hit or bit you is kinda mean in my opinion...
My older DD use to pull hair, she could clear a sand box. She was a bigger kid for her age and could inflict major damage. The only thing that worked for us was close supervision. I had to sit right with her during every play date so that I could redirect her from pulling her play mates hair or pushing/hitting/throwing. It took time and it was hard sitting in the sand box for every play date but it paid off. If my DD did act aggressively and I didn't catch her in time I...
My daughters Preschool teacher is trying to get a Gentle Discipline program on the new Oprah's network. Good bye Nanny 911!! Please watch her 60 sec video (link below) and vote for her. I feel really blessed to have been able to send my Child to a preschool with a teacher who life goal is to teach and spread the word about Gentle Discipline or Positive discipline. Here is a short video which if you are new to Gentle Discipline really helps explain what it is all about. ...
What is the swine flu booster? Is a booster shot just getting the same shot twice? My good friends just got over the N1H1 flu. They picked it up some where between the bay area and Vegas. They are both healthy mid 30s adults. They spent a solid 10 days at home 7 of them in bed with the worst flu symptoms they have ever had.
Does anyone know how many fatality's the seasonal flu causes a year? Anyone else just staying home? I have a 6 month old DS and a 4 year old DD who is in Pre-K. This week we all have a cold so we have been home. Watching the news about a beautiful healthy 6 year old baby girl who died over the weekend (in our area) from N1H1 how heart breaking. I have started thinking living in such a crowded area maybe we should just stay home. The choices we have to make as Moms...
Baby Oliver Glenn has arrived and we are all so in love! 3/23 at 1:19 PM 8 pounds 3 onces 20 1/2 inches We did end up with an induction because of preeclampsia. Labor was a short 1 1/2 hours from first contraction to final push. The hospital staff was amazing.
I had Preeclampsia with DD#1 and I am showing sings of it with this pregnancy. My sister has had healthy normal pregnancy's. In fact no one in my family has had even high blood pressure while they were pregnant. I am not sure Preeclampsia is preventable. I think the only thing to do is be as healthy as you can and hope for the best.