or Connect

Posts by elf

I have a three year old and 6 month old twins.  when pregnant i expected the worse.  suprisingly this has been much easier than i expected.  fun.  natural.  easy.....until last week.    suddenly they aren't babies anymore. they are busy.  my three year old is p*ssed that i spend my whole day bouncing between the twins. i am still nursing (and doing bottles) and working part-time.    Any tips on how to get the day to day stuff to move more smoothly?    we...
Hi.  I either need reassurance or a reality check so I can mentally get through the rest of this pregnancy/life.   This pregnancy was very very much wanted.  However, that doesn't really seem to be helping me mentally through the difficulties of it.  I am 30 weeks and last night I think I finally cracked.  I have been off work, on bedrest since 18 weeks.  We don't know anyone here and family is limited so the isolation (with my toddler) has been beyond awful.  This...
 I didn't have time time read everyone's replies.  But here is my opinion.  You know your child better than anyone.  Do you have a crazy active kid that likes to please themselves or do you have a people pleaser  that really enjoys pleasing mommy therefore is not that active compared to the "crazy ones"?  THere is a HUGE difference b/t flying with a calmer personality and flying with an active personality.    I have an active kid.  Not naughty, just ACTIVE and into...
HI- I have been reading this chat here and there but honestly i have been too sick this pregnancy to participate much.    i am kind of freaking out and i am wondering if anyone else has these symptoms at 18ish weeks.  lots of lower cramping and vaginal pressure (i guess that is what it is).  not that many "contractions".  i had a cervical length the other day and it was still 30 mm but baby A's head is right against my cervix.  If I stand or walk for too long I...
so our 2.5 yr old has been holding her poop.  honestly it is terrible.   we are doing miralax everyday.  (1/4 capful).  we do everything fiber under the sun (fiber gummies, fiber bars, tons of fruit).  we limit dairy and have replaced it with water and have added juice which she never had.    we have bought her books about pooping.    everything broke loose on thanksgiving and she had diahhrea all day but then it cycles back into i think an impaction.  a...
I wish I was that hungry.  I am 18 weeks and the thought of food repulses me.  It is not that I am really that nauseous, I just don't have an appetite.    enjoy your food!
hi- so i hate to cry wolf.  are these normal symptoms when you are 18 weeks with twins.    crampiness below the belly button (doesn't feel like a ctx on my stomach).   i do contract occasionally at night but this feeling is different.  is this normal b/c everything is growing and stretching?  i didn't have this with one baby in my belly.    weird feelings in my cervix area.  maybe some pressure.  i can't tell if it is just a baby pushing on it or if it is...
I work in OB in GR.  feel free to contact me and I can give you names.
I am expecting twins. I have nursed my singletons. Assumed I would nurse my twins...or at least try. However, EVERY single person I talk to and EVERY single post I read talks about how the hardest part about having twins is the breastfeeding. I went to a expecting twins meeting/panel discussions and ALL the moms on the panel nursed but talked about how hard/terrible it really was and how 100% of them took antidepressants and how after they weaned everything got better...
I am not sure I really had RL pain with my singleton. If I did, it wasn't bad. I am 11 weeks with twins and starting yesterday I am either have cramps or maybe it is round ligament pain. what did your feel like? when did it start and how long did it last? thanks!