or Connect

Posts by Tinijocaro

DH is circ'd , two ds's are not (14 and 18)  I know you were asking about a circ'd and intact son so I will share the differences between my two intact sons first.  DS18 has a short, just to the tip foreskin.  DS14 has a very long overhang of foreskin, hangs over as much as a half inch.  Now I haven't seen either of them naked since they were about five so things could have changed and I'm certain they haven't seen each other naked since they were taking baths together....
14 and 18 years. No issues.  As your kids get older and their penises are no longer seen by you or (god forbid) discussed in ANY fashion, this whole "issue" seems to be even more of a "non-issue".   My sons have penises.  The ones they were born with.  The same kind all baby boys are born with.  Just like my daughters still have the genitals they were born with.  The very thought that there is something inherently wrong with the design of the genitals of the male species...
I have two boys 14 and 18. One is now in college.  Both very involved in sports, have much experience in locker rooms and public showers.   Their penises have been a non-issue in their lives.  Although the boys shower after sports (track,hockey, soccer), the guys normally cover up, and those who don't don't prance around.  Guys just don't comment on each other's junk.  It's uncool.   Please parents, do not live in fear of the mythical locker room teasing.  A kid who is...
Although I know of several intact boys, I think many still circumcise.
My two intact boys are 13 and 17 and I have no idea what they do for cleaning of their penises, nor do I know what my two girls (11 and 15) do. I've never given any instruction except-"please take a shower"   They don't smell and are well liked, so I guess whatever they are doing, it's working out ok.
I have two intact sons, 13 and 17 years old.  Other than minor irritations when they were in diapers (same as my two daughters, who had flaming red irritations at times), my boys have had no infections, or other horrible issues.   I can say with certainty that both boys are enjoying all their parts with enthusiasm.  Don't ask.  Just a reminder, always knock when a door is closed.  The great thing is, no tubs of lotion or vaseline needed with an intact boy.  Built in...
If you imagine reading a title that said "Recurring UTI in intact baby girl", the word circumcision would never even enter your mind.  Anyone suggesting removing part of your dd's genitals due to a UTI would enrage you.  Keep that same mindset and apply it to your own situation.   Be sure that boy is getting probiotics each time he goes on an antibiotic.   Be sure you are not doing anything special in the cleaning department for your son.  A simple soak in the...
Each boy, 11 and 15 years, have had a couple minor irritations when they were little, I probably shouldn't even have counted it as a problem.  They were cleared up with a couple soaks in the tub.   Both dd's, 9 and 13 also had a couple genital irritations that cleared up after a soak in the tub.
Put it this way:  How would you feel if YOU were surrounded by women who were circ'd and you were not?  Don't your genitals feel normal to you?  Can you even imagine yourself saying, "gee, I wish I didn't have a clitoris like my sisters and mother"  You KNOW the benefits of your clitoris, just as your son will know the benefits of his foreskin.   I have two ds's 11- and 15 years old.  Both very involved in sports and locker rooms.  No issues at all.  Although I live...
It actually is much easier than caring for a baby girl-no crevices to clean out. Also easier than caring for a circ'd baby boy-no vaseline to apply, no skin to pull back at each diaper change. The ONLY hard part about caring for an intact boy is keeping weel-meaning doctors, aunts, grandparents... from forcibly retracting your son. That's where the problems begin. Be vigilant and you will be fine. No special care required for an intact boy, wash as you would a...