or Connect

Posts by vivaprenda

Hi, I'm homeschooling out of the US and so I've been doing a lot of book buying and carting for that. Something to add to the Amazon/Powell's ideas and also just for travel back to the US for visits. I pack one suitcase with the things we need to take with us and then stick that suitcase inside a second, larger suitcase (I do this for each family member so we travel there with 4 suitcases and back with 8 - the red caps are my best friends). That way I travel there...
Any news on whether the petition has gained any traction or if eBay is considering making the change to the prohibited items text?
Quote: Originally Posted by EVC I could have never afforded a new PIS (I tried hand pumps and less expenisive single pump models and could not get enough milk with them). PIS is not the only good electric breast pump on the market. Ameda PY, Bailey Nurture III are just two good - and less expensive - electric breast pumps. As Cath pointed out - charging the pump and paying it off over the course of a year is a good way to create a...
Craigslist will pull them too - if they are reported.
CathMac - Bravo - You said what I have heard from IBCLC friends in the best way I have come across online to date. marie1080 - If, after you become informed about an issue you choose to remain unimpressed it's your right. Quote: How long can viruses and bacteria live in the pump?? I don't believe that anyone is going to be able to give you a satisfactory answer to that question. I think what you may want to do is internalize that there is nothing...
Quote: Originally Posted by MoonJelly Just to clarify: I posted this thread in response to a person who was initiating a petition to eBay to ask them to forbid the selling of used breastpumps. I have no idea what eBay's current policy is. I would assume that it must currently be allowing them to be sold or else why would someone be sending them such a petition? My understanding is that eBay does not review listings before they go "live"....
I think a petition that asked for used breast pumps to be specifically listed in the prohibited items listing is a better petition option. The manufacturers are in business to make money and - sure - that could probably informs their stance. That doesn't mean their stance is wrong. Science holds that it is possible (even if the possibility is remote) that there could be a cross contamination with a used breastpump (in addition to the issue of planned obsolescence with...
My friend isn't due until September but I am already looking for fun stuff to stick in my basket I'm making her for her baby shower.
Does anyone have any feedback on the nursing necklaces from the link? I'm thinking about getting one for a friend who is a few months PG as a gift and was wondering if anyone else knew anything about them. TIA