or Connect

Posts by WonderMa

Hello, Raw mamas! I am very new to raw eating and plan on doing the RawFu Raw 100 Challenge . I don't really have anything to add yet. I hope to get lots of great advice and ideas from this thread!
I agree with the timer idea and with getting rid of stuff. I get overwhelmed, too! We are a family of four in a tiny apartment, and I also run my own business out of our home. The business part is the real problem, but it really makes you aware of what you've got! I started with putting things in a plastic tub or garbage bag and if I didn't miss it after a certain amount of time, it got donated. No peeking! I don't even want to know what's in that bag! Just get...
I found them here: http://www.homeschooldiscountproduct...let/StoreFront
Hmm.. I wonder if I should try and get them someplace else, since they were recently discontinued, or if I should order an Earlybird Standard Edition.. Off to look now...
About Singapore Math Earlybird Kindergarten Workbooks! Last year I ordered the Earlybird Kindergarten workbooks 1A and 1B. I now see that they don't offer these anymore, which is fine because I already have them. What I'm not sure of is what comes next? My DD really likes these that we already have and I would like to continue with whatever is the next step. I thought after this, Singapore Primary Math was the next step. Now I can't remember, though. Any...
My DD is like that occasionally. We have some friends, however, and ther DD is just like yours. She kept trying to get her mom to put her in daycare! Then in school! It was a bit funny, but really she just needed more time with other kids that homeschool. We just tried to make it a point to hang out once or twice a week with other homeschoolers, give them lots of time to play and become friends. It was nice for me, also, to have time visiting with another mom...
I agree with smilingal. My MIL is teaching DD about local birds and birdwatching, id, etc... GMIL is teaching DD to make rugs. It is something fun for them to do when they're together, and MIL feels like she is helping with hsing. DD is learning a lot, too!
Mallory is wise. I think there are many ways in which DHs come around to the idea of hsing and I wouldn't worry about "convincing" him right now. I think this is a good time to spend just learning and paying attention to how your child learns. I wouldn't worry about not being good with math. By the time your child gets to the higher math, you'll be at least at the same level they are! (I do have a theory that a lot of hs moms love to hs because they get...
I agree, go to any sporting goods store. Most binoculars adjust to fold down, so they are mostly kid friendly anyway. My DD has a pair that she got for her birthday, and she takes better care of them than she does any of her "kid" toys!
Well, DH offered to backcomb my hair for me! DD think I should have dreads, too. You know.. to support her. lol She's quite a kid. I am waiting for my hair to get a bit longer before I would do it. I just am not sure I am up for it! My DD's dreads are looking great. I have been trying to keep the separating to a minimum and things are good. We went camping this weekend and she looked so precious prancing in the woods with her crazy hair flowing! ...