or Connect

Posts by WonderMa

buddhamom, I use some natural bar soap on my dd's scalp, then sometimes use a vinegar rinse. It seems to be working out alright.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggirayne WonderMa, why do you not like reading programs? In general, I don't like the idea of bribing kids to read, or teaching kids that they need to be bribed to read! I don't really dislike the programs, but it's not something I would normally sign up for.
I think for the catalog they send them out twice or three times a year. I am not sure. I know that when I got mine, it was months after I had requested it online. It was also the same time everyone else got theirs. I haven't ordered anything from them yet, so I don't know how their service is.
zensven42, I thought I saw you at University park! Right when we got there, I just saw you out of the corner of my eye.. We ended up doing most of our playing in the spray park anyway, then home a bit early. Too bad I missed you! I have been going to the summer reading program at the library, are you guys doing it this year? I'll admit I'm not big on reading programs, but this one has amazingly little emphasis on reading! The activities have been fun so far,...
They only send them out at certain times. I wonder if you missed the last one? I got mine maybe a week or two ago. HTH
Vinegar Baking Soda DivaCup Veggie Garden Bicycle Bicycle Trailer for kids n groceries Cloth grocery bags Cast Iron Cookware Mineral Makeup Compost Pile
I could use some advice! My DD really hates separating her dreads. I am very careful, but she still is starting to get really nervous about doing it. It is much better than brushing was, but I don't want it to be a bad thing for her. What can I do to help? Is there anything I'm not doing that I should be? Her dreads will be matted against her scalp.. a good inch or so. I thought this was pretty common, but is there anything I can do to help it not do...
Ok, ND mamas! That's enough being quiet. What's up? How's it going? What's new in your lives? We have been thoroughly enjoying the great weather here in GF. Tonight and tomorrow are SummerthingKids at University Park.
Ha, I am the opposite! I WANT to be more classical, but it just doesn't work with our lifestyle and personalities. We are very eclectic, border on unschooly.
I have not decided on much yet! We are working on some Singapore Math workbooks now, we will not be ready for the primary series in August, though. We will start primary probably about halfway through the year, when she is done with the prek - K workbooks we have. Story Of The World Ancient Times and activity book. It's a lot of fun and DD has been reading the Usborn Encyclopedia of History as prep. (Her idea, not mine!) That's about it. We read a lot and...