or Connect

Posts by jenerationx

So is anyone still using Burts or did you switch? Just curious!
Any good, safe liquid hand soaps out there? I just picked up Burt's Bees to try, but wanted to hear about other kinds. Thanks!
I've never used Dr. Bronner's, but do use vinegar and baking soda. I've also used Basic H (now Basic H2) for years. My mom and grandma have used Shaklee stuff forever. I only use the Basic H, but my Grandma uses the laundry detergent (she still has some of the Basic L, which has been replaced by something else now) and I think the Basic G. I really like it. You only have to use about 2 drops of the Basic H and it cleans really well. It's better at getting the grime...
Great thread. I agree with making your own cleaners. We use vinegar, baking soda and essential oils to clean. Compost, use rain barrels. Buy in bulk. Make your own bread.
You can try paperbackswap.com, too. They don't have to be paperbacks!
We use Ecover. I buy it at our co-op, but you can also get it at Whole Foods and from drugstore.com
Yes!! I love the toddler stage. My son says and does so many adorable things, it's awesome. I agree with stacyann21. Quote: Originally Posted by stacyann21 My son had terrible colic when he was an infant. Parenting him now is infinitely less stressful. Much less stressful!
We have the same nasty crap! I leave the washer door open ALL the time and wipe down the gasket and it still stinks and still gets funky. I'm thinking of ordering a new gasket, but I'm not sure. I also just read about a special cleaner: www.smellywasher.com I don't know anything about the cleaner, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by wombatclay KK (and any stainless steel bottle) contains nickle, which can prompt allergic reactions in some users. Huh, I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for the PSA! I always have nickle reactions, so I'm glad I know. We have the Thermos Foogo and we love it!
We have a Foogo sippy cup and it's awesome. It keeps everything so cold. I imagine that the milk/water taste better than in plastic. Yuck.