or Connect

Posts by mom2mializ

Thank you! I will definitely look into that! <3
Thanks! I just downloaded that one to my Kindle. I also just realized that I forgot the hilarious anecdote about what a difficult time my son has holding still.  After a week of trying bedtimes, I decided to try something new - a relaxing bedtime yoga routine for the kids.  He easily folded into the many poses we did, bending and folding and twisting. To close the session, I got the four of them into corpse pose and asked them to hold still for 30 seconds.  About 5...
Hi! I'm looking for some book recommendations. I have a crazy, loving, wiggly, caring, bouncy, giving, impulsive, sweet, sensitive, kind, over-reactive, 4yo son, whose behavior challenges me daily. I typically describe him as "Very;" everything he does he does all the way and then some.  He cannot control his impulses, he cannot sit still (see below for a hilarious anecdote highlighting this specific "symptom"), he often (though not always) has a hard time maintaining...
  Yes, honestly, that WAS my question (though poorly worded. yesterday was one of those WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM kinda days. yikes)         Tried it... Can't even get him to sit still for more than 5, MAYBE 10 (on a "good" day) minutes of me, his father or his siblings reading to him. He made it about 45 seconds into the book on tape. :-/         *blush* I don't think my son has set foot in a library since he's been able to walk. Sadly, that means his siblings haven't, either....
Oh Mamas, I need your help. I've lost my gentle discipline skills, my temper and my mind. I just don't know what to do. A little back ground - I am Mama to four wonderful, smart children (ages 7, 6, 4, 2). My parenting philosophy tells me that children deserve respect and guidance. I have always tried my best to consider mistakes "teaching opportunities" and to allow natural consequences do most of the teaching.  With my older two, this has always worked beautifully....
:-( all the ridiculous runaround is exactly what I want to avoid. A very dear friend here has been through all this (still no answers.) and so much more. I was hoping that if I could figure everything out on my own and basically tell them "this is what I think she has, and x,y,z and a,b,c are why I think that." that they would confirm. :-(  Off to do more contemplating.
can you explain why one would need a dx for school (aside from school lunches and such..) particularly college? we are planning to homeschool but who knows what the future holds in store for us.   And so what would give us the dx we would be looking for in that situation? would the blood tests in isolation work?  the scope is simply NOT an option at this point. I am a military wife living overseas with my four children (14 m, 3, 5, and 6) while my husband is...
I (finally) found some good info on the testing. A scope/biopsy is simply not an option for our family right now, it will be several months before it's possible. If I decide to do any testing, I will push for the genetic test - I know that just because you have the marker doesn't mean you have celiac, and i know that there is a very small percentage of people who have all the signs/symptoms of celiac but no marker, but it seems like the most reliable "no" out there, and...
Thank you SO much, l cannot tell you how much better I feel already. I'm off to check out the info on leaky gut! Do you have any websites you recommend???
Hi Ladies!  So I know that this is TERRIBLY annoying - I usually try to start out with a basic understanding of a topic before I start crying out for help, but please bear with me...   The short - I suspect that my 14 month old might have a wheat or gluten intolerance/allergy of some sort or another. Most of the info I find on the subject is directed at adults, and a great deal of it is conflicting. I really have NO IDEA where to start.   A little bit of...