or Connect

Posts by Ubelle

Our family burns easily, we do our best to stay out of the sun during the peak hours. We also use Solrx sunscreen, I've never seen it in local stores (VT) so we order online from their website. UVA/UVB protection, no nanotechnology partials, no papa, no parables, and economic friendly. It is a certified 8 hour sunscreen they discuss the testing and results on their website. We started using it last year and love it. We put it on in the morning and it last the majority of...
I did eventually change careers. It may not be much help since I finally became a SAHM. it was something we wanted for a long time and took the right circumstances. I stayed at the old job for 4 years (all the time looking for something new.) in that time my husband lost his job and was unemployed fora year, but he found a great new job. During the 4 years I looked at environmental jobs (applied & interviewed) that would use the education I had & my experience too.
deleted for violating negative comments code
I have signed up for the Newsletter, am following Lunapads on Twitter and/or Facebook, and am ready to take the Lunapads  Challenge!.
To clarify DD is still in a 5 point harness and I was able to tighten it back up.   We also live in an area where there aren't always safe places to pull over - and once I retighten her straps she is safe.  So there is no ability to let her correct her own behavior.   And DD wouldn't care if we were stopped on the side of the road for an hour - unless she got hungry.  We've tried a similar technique (we can't drive until you are in your seat & buckled) for times...
  After picking up my 3.5 yo DD from Daycare/ Preschool, I buckled her into her carseat and tightened the straps.  She was angry because she didn't want to go home, etc.  I turned back to check on her as when we came to a stop at a light down the road and she had completely loosened the straps.   DH and I are big into natural and logical consequences.  We are stumped, obviously the natural consequence on unbuckling or loosening her belts is injury or death - not...
Ok so I'm not sure if we should say something to our sitter or not. Right now we have a sitter come once a week for 1.5-3 hours to watch DD for us, she started about 2 months ago. She cooks dinner for the two of them, cleans up their messes and then they play, read etc. no TV. Our sitter is in her mid 20's with great referrals - she wonderful she fits us so well and our DD loves her. We pay her $10/hr but tend to round up some (like tonight she was at our house for 1.5...
We thought of going no gates as well, and ended up compromising. We have one gate hard mounted at the top of the stairs, it only gets closed at night when we, me & DH, have gone to bed; or when we might be totally indisposed - bathroom or shower and DD is up stairs with us. The last one up closes it. Now that DD is 3 we mostly use it at night. Our upstairs is really just a hallway with a bedroom at each end and the bathroom directly across from the stairs, so there...
I am making baby sock roses for a co-workers who is pregnant, I have been wanting to make these for a while and just need a reason. I've gotten the socks rolled and know how to to that but now that I am trying to wrap the "flower" and stem the floral tape is very sticky, unpleasantly so. It's been many years since i last worked with floral tape but I don't remember it being gluey sticky, just stick to it's self sticky. After just a few minutes of using the floral tape...
I hated all of my nursing bras until I got some from decent exposure They are soft and comfortable - but I have always hated bras and underwires they never feel right. They have great customer service and my bras have held up for 2.5 years now. (they should get replaced but they are still doing well so I don't) I went with a lined bra to get more support. And I didn't opt for the nursing bra option (you can get hooks or velcro last I looked) I just lifted up or...