or Connect

Posts by LailaCA

I live in Bavaria and work with the U.S. Army.  I am also fluent in German.  I am hoping to find information about ADD/ADHD evaluations using EEG or Pet Scans.  My child's teacher has told me more than once that she thinks he has ADD.  I would like to get him evaluated.  The pediatrician at the clinic and those at behavioral health only use such tools as a Connor's Rating scale which is subjective.  Does anyone know where to get an assessment either on a military...
I agree! I am trying to rear him in a very natural, loving manner. My parents are deceased. He has had little contact with the bio dad (two years no contact now) and we are our own little family. He is very independent and I feel this is due to attachment parenting. We live in a little german village and we are very well accepted. I am fluent in German and his is coming along. He attends school on the military base and yes..she would go to the principal with...
The teacher knows this info as the child wrote it on his mother's day card to me...I love my mom because: * she cooks for me * she massages me * she takes baths with me He (as I do) feel that what we do is normal and healthy. He has a beautiful bunk bed set, complete, with slide, which I bought for him. I always had hand-me-down sets. He does not want to sleep in it. I wear jammies and he does too. When asked why he sleeps with me he says: cause sometimes...
I am a single mother of a 6 3/4 year old boy. My child attends an army elementary school, first grade. For mother's day the children wrote cards. He wrote that he loves me because I: cook for him, give him massages, take baths with him, and kiss him when he goes to bed. He has his own room, beautiful, but chooses to continue to co-sleep with me (has since birth). I give him a massage, each morning when he wakes, to ease him into his day...paying special attention...
I am a single mother of a 6 3/4 year old boy. My child attends an army elementary school, first grade. For mother's day the children wrote cards. He wrote that he loves me because I: cook for him, give him massages, take baths with him, and kiss him when he goes to bed. He has his own room, beautiful, but chooses to continue to co-sleep with me (has since birth). I give him a massage, each morning when he wakes, to ease him into his day...paying special attention...
Oh I almost forgot....I checked (just for knowledge) how much business class is...and I thought I had made a grave error! I am shocked by the vast price difference!! I had thought that this may be a good option...not anymore though. :
It seems you all have much experience traveling with youngsters long distances. What can I do to make a ten hour flight more tolerable. He will sleep for some...but not all...I hope at least for half. I have the following set up: dvd player and dvds (several brand new never watched), thomas the train color and sticker book, bring some trains/cars, couple cans of play dough. I dont know if I should do anything else. I have a VERY ACTIVE, healthy, almost five year old. ...
I have horrible anxiety. I have not taken anything for it yet. Now I have the problem...when making decisions...to discern if what i feel is my inner voice or anxiety. For example, I have a job offer..which I had been very excited about. It would mean moving. Now, I have decided that I do not want this job and I really want to stay where I am at. How do I know if this is the anxiety or if this is my inner voice?? Please help.:
I am considering a position with the military in Germany. I have not vaxed my child except for tetanus. The military schools have "blurbs" on their web pages about following CDC guidelines and they are actually increasing the number of required vaccinations. Two years ago I considered a position and the community nurse in that area told me there are no waivers what-so-ever and she would not agree to any. She said that no vax...then no american school and he could go to...
My little one has a tooth ache today..both top and bottom...for the first time. I do not see anything. He does eat some sweets, but he truly is a good eater (everything from asparagus to fish to steak to lobster to broccoli to escargots). What are time frames for new teeth? We brush and floss...and he eats lots of apples.