or Connect

Posts by JustJenny

Thank you all for being so sensitive, encouraging and non judgemental.   I deeply appreciate your support! We had a very difficult week but things are a bit better today. I had mastitis in both breasts on different days, a recurrent milk blister and dd's growth spurt all in one week.  At my last post I just couldn't take anymore!  Mastitis and blister have resolved and sh's slowed down a little bit on nursing. Super fussy though. Finally getting to heal up a little bit....
Hi everybody. I seriously need some zen advice, Breast feeding is not going easily at all. My nipples have craters and I am in severe pain. I cry when dd latches on. The softest fabric makes me wince. I've seen a consultant and we've resolved latch issues but the pain isnt stopping. She is hitting a growth spurt and I just cant take it anymore. I want to continue for her benefit but honestly I hate this. She won't even take a pacifier to give me a few mins break.  I feel...
6 hour unmedicated birth center birth with 22 minutes of pushing. Super intense with both stages! 
nak so sorry in advance for typos etc.....   lilac- omg i just had my first milk blister this morning. it hurt so bad. i think i got it from tring the pump out yesterday. i was trying to give my nips a break. so much for that! I have backed off advil as well by half. love your sweet princes photo btw!    i am in so much pain breast wise. tried to feed her by dropper yesterday and she just screamed. i felt like such a horrible mommy! i told hr that she can have the boob...
Hi everyone.  I belonged to this thread for quite sometime and am still rooting for all of you. I just wanted to stop in and offer encouragement.  On Jan 8th after a 2 year fertility struggle Merciful Joy finally joined this world.  Big hugs to all of you still waiting for your bundle.  I just wanted to say that it can happen!    
Wow lovebug!  Now that's fast! Congrats....
We're using nb prefolds with snappies as well. She screamed bloody murder at first too but has settled down now. I use the angel wing fold and it is holding in poo great! No blow outs yet and we've had some monster poops.     poly- Is there a reason you are using shields? They can change the way she sucks and latches which could reduce your milk production. If you are trying to reduce pain, try alternating with pumping and dropping milk in her mouth. If she starts to...
Ditto what Lilac said.  I've thought I have felt good energy wise and gone out with dh to do some errands. It was ok but I noticed my bleeding really picked up that night.  I do think its good to get out if you can for short stints.  Being cooped up in a house all day doesn't do anyone good.  Getting outside for me has been key.  You would think that would be easy but its not!   Lilac- I'm so sorry to hear that recovery from your Cbirth has been difficult.  How have you...
I'm here....looking forward to continuing our friendships!
Faith- OMG - I'm glad you made it there in time.  My midwives couldn't believe me either. So much for slow first timers!   poly they make a nipple cream too. I'm seriously considering getting it if things don't start to heal. I think the lansinoh has made thing worse for me and only use it when nips look a little dry.   Lilac- thank you for starting the new thread! Meet you all over there