or Connect

Posts by veronicalynne

Quote: Originally Posted by lauren Yes I think it's o.k. to post the link. For more exposure we might need to move this out of this folder and onto the general Learning at School forum. Ok no problem. Thank you for letting me know:-) I wasn't sure exactly where to post this This is the link for info about the Cogito program http://cogito.epsb.ca/
Quote: Originally Posted by lauren I have never heard of that. Is it connected with any other philosophy? I wonder if you have a website link or something to share. It is relatively new since 2004 and is much like Montessori (sp?). I am just concerned because my dd was very happy at a play to learn preschool and this is more strict and academic. Is it ok to enclose a link here to another website? I find the website isnt very helpful for me...
She is 4 1/2 and will finish preschool tomorrow. She is very nervous about the idea of going to kindergarten (which will be at a different school) and even had a flip out last week during her "graduation" because she thought it was the last day (kicking/screaming/biting/hitting which she has never ever done before). She has always loved school and wanted to go but now she says she doesnt want to go to a new school/hates kindergarten/doesnt like reading etc. I am trying to...
I am thinking of trying the Cogito program for kindergarten for my dd who is 4 1/2 and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this school good or bad? I have been advised it is good but I am concerned about the style of schooling and the homework idea! Thanks:-)
Quote: Originally Posted by ginadc I also think that if you have a no kids rule, you have to expect that some people may not be able to attend because of it. I would check to be sure that the baby is not welcome, and if so, decline politely, no harm, no foul. Simply put: if you're the host of a no-kids wedding, don't get put out if some people with kids can't attend--accept their regrets graciously. If you're invited to a no-kids wedding and...
Hmmmm.....Jaffer is crawling backwards and is nuts about eating though I am careful what i am giving him....he has 2 lower teeth, and says mummummum when he wants me lol...and he is nuts about his two older sisters :-)
My daughter is 4 1/2 and is in preschool this year. Things started ok but now she is being targeted by one of the girls who I will call ""Amber". I have been told by the teachers that Amber is the one who controls her classmates....and apparently decides who is going to be friends with whom from day to day. Lately, my daughter has been targeted. This girl makes sure to say mean things when the teachers are not around and has the other kids (mainly the girls) say the same...
Quote: Originally Posted by jmmom Wow, mama, it sounds like you have your hands full. Have you tried waking her a little earlier in the morning, to encourage an earlier bedtime? That's what we've recently had to do for my 22 month old ds. Is she getting enough time to play outside? Too much sugar after dinner? Also, may I ask why you don't want her to fall asleep nursing? I know you said it's tough nursing 2, I just didn't fully understand why...
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati s veronica. I know that you've been through a lot of changes the past few years. I hope you can get a break soon. I like your new name I think basically what I needed was a friendly ear/shoulder to cry on even if it is online without any flaming. Like someone mentioned in a pp I needed cyber hugs not flaming but we know MDC..... You know from another thread that I left my h so I dont really have a partner to...
This topic hit home for me. My husband (x) was iraqi and I think there was physical abuse in his family. He often said he had to protect his mother from his father. My X saw nothing wrong with slapping my dd1 on the face and did it once. Mind you, I set him straight and told him if he ever did that again I would go to the police and charge him. I am more GD but he was totally the opposite and never understood the way I was doing things. Even though he was the victim of...