or Connect

Posts by mamazee

I have a friend with a 1-year-old boy, not sure precisely how many months old but pretty newly walking, whose grandparents (the mom's parents) want to spend time with him. They don't live near these grandparents so they found this to be a solution. I wouldn't have been able to do it because mine were still nursing frequently at that age, but this mom is no longer nursing her baby. Honestly, even without nursing it seems really really young, and it's during the whole...
http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html in case you aren't familiar with it. I did something very similar to this at 24 months and it did work well, but I'm wondering what experiences other parents have had and at what ages. Did this night weaning plan work for you?
I know lots of little girls named Reagan and Kennedy. He'd get a weak reception for the name in a conservative area, but then a Reagan would get a weak reception in a liberal area. We'll have to see how popular the name ends up being, but it sounds fine to me, and there are plenty of nicknames if you're worried about calling out for Barack in the playground.
That's awesome! Thanks!
I am uncomfortable with how we always phrase rape in the passive voice. "Might get raped" as if it's not being done by anyone in particular. You don't have to be drunk to get raped, but you do have to be around a rapist. I'm fine with telling my daughter that being drunk makes her more likely to be a victim, but I'm careful to phrase it in a way that doesn't make it seem like getting drunk is what caused the rape. "There are men and teenage boys who watch for women to get...
I had midcycle spotting pretty often, so on one had it doesn't sound odd to me, but on the other hand if it isn't something you've had before I'd personally call the doctor because it can be an early symptom for a ton of different things. Or it could be no big deal, of course, but on the chance that it's an early symptom to something that will be easier to deal with now than later, I'd probably just call and make an appointment.
Welcome!! You might be a great help and might enjoy posting in our Montessori forum: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/284/montessori But please check out the site as a whole because we discuss a great number of things that might interest you and where you might have some advice! I'm glad you've found us! Welcome again!
Welcome to Mothering!!! One of my kids was like this. It sounds like tantrums, but some kids get them worse than others. My personal feeling about tantrums is to let them run their course without a much engagement. I'd tell my daughter that I was there when she needed me, and then I'd just let her rage. I wouldn't get physically involved for sure because if I did she'd go for me like you're talking about. At some point she figured out that her tantrums didn't change...
Hi again! I just welcomed you in the other post you had. I have had an IUD and they can cause heavier bleeding when you have your period. And of course PMS can cause moodiness and breast tenderness and bloating. But on the other hand it is possible to get pregnant with an IUD. They have a very high success rate but not perfect! Also, it's possible to have an ectopic pregnancy, which is a medical emergency. In your other post you said you planned to see a doctor and I...
Hi and welcome to Mothering! I can see why you took a pregnancy test and I'm glad you're planning to see a doctor. Even with a negative pregnancy test, I'd be worried about a possible ectopic pregnancy as they can happen when you have an IUD. It's definitely worth getting checked out! Keep us posted as to how you're doing because I'm curious as to what is causing your symptoms, and I'll be thinking about you! Here are a few forums you might like to check out as...