or Connect

Posts by ruhbehka

We go to Dr. Chisolm downtown on Hillsborough St. (Healthsource is the new clinic name). He's awesome, and he gets you to going just once a month pretty quickly...
Wish we could, but M's just started preschool on Tuesdays/Thursdays.
Quote: Originally Posted by stgertrude Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question about how fast the Domperidone will arrive, but congratulations on your new baby! I noticed she was just born 4 days ago; are you sure your milk has fully come in yet? I've read that even mothers with full supplies often need to work to build a good supply in the first days and weeks. I also struggled with low supply with my DD, so I know how hard it is! ...
Quote: Originally Posted by tiggygal23 Goats milk is the way to go. Our bodies are not meant to handle cows milk, cow milk is for cows. You need to give your LO goats milk. But... her LO is not a goat, either. Cows milk and goat's milk are actually remarkably similar as far as protein digestibility goes. Only 5% of babies who cannot tolerate cow's milk because of milk protein sensitivity or allergy can tolerate goat's milk. For 95% of...
If you're in the Triangle area and are taking domperidone or know someone who is, please PM me. Thanks! Edited to add: No more PMs necessary, thanks everyone!
If you live in the US and ordered dom from Inhouse, how long did it take to arrive? I just had my baby and am having the same supply problems as with my first. I have about 10 days' worth on hand, just wondering if that will be enough to get me through until the order I just placed arrived. I can't remember how long it took last time (3 years ago). I don't want to run out before it gets here.
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma We like the Mellow Mushroom (small regional chain) for pizza. They used to offer soy cheeze on the pizza which suits dh. Just FYI - their soy cheese brand contains milk, if your DH is avoiding that. I don't know who eats soy cheese if they are willing or able to consume milk, but apparently these people exist somewhere... Back when DS and I were both avoiding just milk, we would order a pizza with no...
At this age (mine is 25 months), I expect turn taking and consideration of who is playing with something, but not "sharing" if you mean both playing with something at the same time. My LO has been pretty good at this since about 18 months, but I notice it's VERY dependent upon me watching carefully and standing up for him if someone tries to take a toy away from him. I never say, "Share!" if someone is trying to take something from him. Instead, I say, "Malachy is...
First things first - I would encourage her to spend a day (or better, a week) with the computer OFF, and see what improvements she notices. Second, she is going to have to learn ways of interacting that limit direct confrontation. My LO has a similar personality, though it's improved immensely now that he is very verbal. Sign language helped at that age, but he has very little patience for direct confrontation. So, you come up with playful and creative ways of getting...
Making note of the suggestions, thanks everyone! Today, we spent over an hour drawing pictures with markers on his naked belly, arms, legs, etc. Then another hour in the bathtub. This might be a morning ritual for us.