or Connect

Posts by Jada Mae

I personally believe Paps in pregnancy are a waste of time and energy. I feel the results can be off due to hormones and hormonal changes in the body when pregnant. I'd skip it (and I did!) and enjoy your pregnancy!
Quote: Originally Posted by BethLS Hi ladies, (cross posted in vbac forum) Just curious as to wwyd.... I will be 39 weeks on Tuesday...my next OB visit is Thursday. My doctor will not "let" me go past 40 weeks....so if faced with induction or C/S...what would you choose? WWID? I would remind myself that the doctor is not the police, the president, the supreme court, or anything else of assumed authority/superiority! No one "lets" you...
Not at all. Hospitals are for when things are no longer normal. Things turned from normal to not normal in my birth. I am glad there was a hospital for this reason.
People react differently to different things. I wouldn't take it personal or read too far into it. For her, she may have experienced emotions over the video differently than you. Doesn't mean she didn't like it, she just may feel differently (not as moved). If you put expectations on your mother to feel the same way you do (or anyone else), you will probably be very disappointed. She is a different person than you. (Although I totally understand your desire for her...
Quote: Originally Posted by blsilva At this point I think they are trying not to worry, but she is worried anyway. My little brother is worried, and he does not worry easily. And they are not, IMO, being given enough info about what's going on to make a good decision, but this could be because they just don't know what to ask to get those answers. Hopefully Friday will bring more answers. In the meantime, I'll tell her that if she is worried, go...
How low is low? If her AFI is less than 5, then I might start to worry. But just to say that the amniotic fluid is low doesn't really mean that much...low according to who (I'd want hard numbers to back up this claim)? I think a BPP 2xs per week is over board. Unless this is what she is wanting and it makes her feel better, then who really cares what others say. But I think that the more you go in (and she is only 36 weeks) the more chance of "something" being...
I think doing a 50g load of sugar, waiting an hour, and drawing blood on a pregnant woman is absurd! I don't think the test is a good test at all. I think it is asinine to put lower value numbers set for fasting glucose in pregnancy than what is set for "normal" diabetics that are not pregnant. I think there are other signs of true GD other than taking the test, regardless of what your midwife says. If you are concerned about your blood sugar, start out with random...
http://www.motherhood.com/collection...&website_Id=1# Don't know if I go the link thing down, if it doesn't take you straight to Motherhood spring dresses, just go to motherhood.com, click on spring dresses. The first two that popped up might be along the lines you are looking for. I love their dresses, so even if the white ones are not what you are looking for, they have so many others that I really really like! HTH!
I am so glad it is getting closer! I can't wait to be non-pregnant! Can it come a little faster?
Quote: Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride My planned response is "F@&% No!!!" with a look of horror on my face. Yeah, I bet that would pretty much get people to back off! Yeah, I use words like "mutilate" when people ask me personally. Such as "I don't believe in mutilating my son's penis...he can do that when he gets older if he chooses to do so." I also say things like "It's not my penis, so I don't have a right to permanently...