or Connect

Posts by SamuraiMom

Its been a very long while since I've been to Mothering, but this is the first place I thought of when this issue came up. So DD, 9, started having headaches about two weeks ago and we went to our Dr.,  who said that it is most likely hormones due to puberty. So I'm thinking that we should look into nutrition. She's been a vegetarian for almost 2 years now. Her palate has expanded greatly from a menu that included only homemade mac and Nutella sandwiches (w/ banana or...
I've been nursing for 13+ years, but I am writing a paper, it's actually an informative speech on Breast feeding, so I want my introduction to include something about the infant crawl that is known to happen when a newborn is placed on the mamas chest. If anyone can direct me toward a site that has this info, I'd be grateful, thanks!
thank you, I will try that. least fav first.
I don''t remember it being such a challenge w/ the others. My biggest gripe is nursing to sleep and waking at 4 a.m. to nurse :( I need it to end. He's in my arms smiling at me las if to say "it will never end lady!"  He's my last, but I am s ready to have my boobs back too!
In MA, if I have sole custody and he has visitation, according to a temp court order, do I have to allow the kids to go on visitation? If I don't want them to go, do I have to?
I went to the court house today and filed further temp orders to amend visitation, on the advice of the "Lawyer of the Day", and I also filed a motion for a Family Investigation by the court psychologist. When stbx called to talk to DS/8 tonight I insisted that he be on speaker phone and then he proceeded to ask my boy why I was doing this to our family. Ugh. I know I will be dealing w/ this sort of behavior from him for a very long time, but I do look forward to looking...
It has taken me years to get here. About a month ago I took my children and left. The following week I went to court and filed temporary orders for custody, support and visitation. He cried poverty, but I get sole custody w/ visitation every weekend, Sat 9 a.m. - Sun 5p.m., which I soon learned was a big mistake for many reasons. I have had to call the police after every visitation because my oldest DS/8.5 in particular, falls apart and refuses to come w/ me, and then...
Havent had time to read he thread, but the quick low-down; first 2 in hospital. Last 3 @ home. Im actually considering going back to the hospital because of the cost. Though even as I write this, I am thinking there has to be a way to stay home.
We just learned today about our #6!  Kat, I think we've been in a DDC together once before! 
This is our third year of HSing. We Unschooled the first year, did the K-12 thing the 2nd year, but that didn't work out so well for DS/8 cuz he hates sit down work. DD/7 didn't mind it but said she does not want to do it again. This year we are going to try a couple of different things, Some kind of reading and math program for each kid, a science class and possibly Mandarin at a local place called "the think tank" that started out w/ math and science classes for older...